Only burner recognizes DVD

Nocturna

Here's my problem: I burned 3 discs with ImgBurn without a problem. They were written onto Fujifilm discs.

Got some Memorex DVD dl instead. Tried burning an ISO. The file didn't come with an mds. So that's the first difference. The media I'm burning it on is also different... Although I'm mentionning all those details, I somehow doubt they are the cause of my problem. (But I'm a rusty geek so I could be totally wrong).

Here's the result: My DVD burner can read the disc on PowerDVD without a problem.

However as soon as I switch it over to my DVDROM or my dvd player it wont work. As a post previously read, there was no disc error message when inserted in the DVD player.

On the DVDROM, the error in PowerDVD is 'The DVD disc might have been damaged so as to inhibit playback operation.' Disc protection? :o

Added later: Ok so the files are visible on the DVDROM. However Video_TS.VOB does not run. I can run the disk through VTS_01_0.VOB and the other .vob files. This is making me realize that it might not be the right forum to post this problem on. However I think many people here are very experienced with this stuff and could provide me with a relatively simple answer. :) So hopefully someone has the answer for me.

Please note that my discs do not say Status: Incomplete. Here's the info from the right panel when the disc is inserted:

HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GSA-E40L SE02

Current Profile: DVD+R DL

Disc Information:

Erasable: No

Sessions: 1

Sectors: 3,639,840

Size: 7,454,392,320 bytes

Time: 808:53:15 (MM:SS:FF)

Supported Write Speeds: 2.4x, 4x

DVD±R DL Boundary Information:

L0 Data Zone Capacity: 2,030,496

Changeable: No

TOC Information:

Session 1...

-> Track 01 (Mode 1, LBA: 0 - 3639839)

-> LeadOut (LBA: 3639840)

Physical Format Information (Last Recorded):

Disc ID: RITEK-D01-01

Book Type: DVD-ROM

Part Version: 1

Disc Size: 120mm

Maximum Read Rate: Not Specified

Number of Layers: 2

Track Path: Opposite Track Path (OTP)

Linear Density: 0.293 um/bit

Track Density: 0.74 um/track

First Physical Sector of Data Area: 196,608

Last Physical Sector of Data Area: 16,159,455

Last Physical Sector in Layer 0: 2,227,103

Layer Information:

Layer 0 Sectors: 2,030,496 (55.79%)

Layer 1 Sectors: 1,609,344 (44.21%)

I'd like to thank anyone who takes the time to read this and help me out.

Edited by Nocturna

Yep I think it's the crappy Ritek DL discs. I guess the part I don't understand is how some ISOs worked fine and not this one. I might be able to conclude that among the crap, Fujifilm is still lesser crap than Memorex. ....

So now my mission is to go back to the store and .... drop all those spindles i bought...sigh. I might try another of the disks that seem to be 'lesser-crap' to see if it still happens.

I guess the part I don't understand is how some ISOs worked fine and not this one.

Tried burning an ISO. The file didn't come with an mds.

so you didnt create it yourself then ??

with ImgBurn , what goes in = what comes out .Imgburn just burns the image you tell it to , it doesnt alter it in anyway

refer to Donta's reply above for that one

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.