Copying a CD

russ

Up to now, I've only used imgburn to burn .iso files that I've downloaded from the internet. I've never had a bit of trouble doing that.

I have now attempted to copy an audio cd for burning, but failed miserably. When my media player complained that the files were unplayable, I checked and found that each of the .cda files created were only 44 Bytes per file.

Obviously I did something improperly. I won't go into the procedure I used, as it did not work. What is the correct procedure for copying an audio cd?

windows will show 44 bytes

Thanks for the quick answer. Still, the burn seemed to occur too quickly (it took only seconds) and the media player couldn't play the songs. I even tried playing with WinAmp and that failed, too.

Edited by russ

ImgBurn can't copy Audio CDs yet and if you just dragged + dropped the CDA files into Build mode, that was never going to work as they're not real files.

I didn't drag and drop using the build. I used "D:\" (without the quotes, of course). That doesn't work, either.

Both do the same thing.

Build mode wouldn't work full stop.

The only way to copy a 'complex' disc like an Audio CD is to use 'Read' mode to take a complete image - and if you try doing that you'll see 'Read' mode doesn't support Audio CD's yet.

So, I guess, an audio cd cannot be copied with imgburn?

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.