RootFolder Issue

Rich G.

I'm trying to create an ISO file from directories on my hard drive.

This is the contents of the batch file I'm using to achive this:

"C:\Program Files\ImgBurn\imgBurn.exe" /MODE ISOBUILD /BUILDMODE /SRC "C:\Data\SourceCode\VLAN_Setup\" /DEST "C:\Data\ISO\VLAN_SETUP.iso" /NOIMAGEDETAILS /ROOTFOLDER YES /OVERWRITE YES /RECURSESUBDIRECTORIES YES /PRESERVEFULLPATHNAMES YES /VOLUMELABEL "VLAN_SETUP" /START /CLOSESUCCESS

The problem is that the RootFolder switch has no affect. I'm getting the "C:\Data\SourceCode\VLAN_Setup" folders before the files.

I need the contents of the VLAN_Setup folder to be at the root of the ISO image.

Help!

Drop the preservefullpathnames switch.

If you use that it means you'll get a 'data' folder with 'sourcecode' in that and 'vlan_setup' in that.

I removed the preservefullpathnames switch and I get the same results.

Here is the modified script/batch file:

"C:\Program Files\ImgBurn\imgBurn.exe" /MODE ISOBUILD /BUILDMODE /SRC "C:\Data\SourceCode\VLAN_Setup\" /DEST "C:\Data\ISO\VLAN_SETUP.iso" /NOIMAGEDETAILS /ROOTFOLDER YES /OVERWRITE YES /RECURSESUBDIRECTORIES YES /VOLUMELABEL "VLAN_SETUP" /START /CLOSESUCCESS

Drop the preservefullpathnames switch.

If you use that it means you'll get a 'data' folder with 'sourcecode' in that and 'vlan_setup' in that.

I removed the preservefullpathnames switch and I get the same results.

Here is the modified script/batch file:

"C:\Program Files\ImgBurn\imgBurn.exe" /MODE ISOBUILD /BUILDMODE /SRC "C:\Data\SourceCode\VLAN_Setup\" /DEST "C:\Data\ISO\VLAN_SETUP.iso" /NOIMAGEDETAILS /ROOTFOLDER YES /OVERWRITE YES /RECURSESUBDIRECTORIES YES /VOLUMELABEL "VLAN_SETUP" /START /CLOSESUCCESS

I GOT IT!

Set the preservefullpathnames to NO

"C:\Program Files\ImgBurn\imgBurn.exe" /MODE ISOBUILD /BUILDMODE /SRC "C:\Data\SourceCode\VLAN_Setup\" /DEST "C:\Data\ISO\VLAN_SETUP.iso" /NOIMAGEDETAILS /ROOTFOLDER YES /OVERWRITE YES /PRESERVEFULLPATHNAMES NO /RECURSESUBDIRECTORIES YES /VOLUMELABEL "VLAN_SETUP" /START /CLOSESUCCESS

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction.

Rich

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.