Can ImgBurn create ISOs of Mac Formatted DVDs?

Citrus

I created the image successfully but I don't see an ISO file.. just an MDS file and two other files with different extensions. How do I get it to burn to ISO format?

While in Write mode, select the MDS file as the disc image you want to burn. ImgBurn will then read from the other files and burn your DVD accordingly.

Thanks for the quick response :D It's because the drive was FAT32...

I have a couple of unrelated questions but thought I'd ask it here instead of starting a new topic. What are the Verify & Discovery modes exactly? What are they good for? How is Verify mode different than selecting Verify in the Write mode?

It just burns lots of zeroes to the media.

We use it for all the drive / disc tests in the 'drives and media' forum.

You can tell it to burn then entire disc without having the hassle of building an iso of that exact size.

You can then see the read/write rates on the media and follow them up with a PIPO scan in DVDInfoPro or CDSpeed.

This enables you to see how well your drive can burn them - and of course vary the write speeds to see if that makes a difference.

I am not able to do that with the Mac discs since ImgBurn doesn't recognize the file system and IMP ID.

Another question :)

Does ImgBurn write information to the Labels of the ISO Images like Application Label, Author, Volume Set ID or does it just do an exact copy of the disc and whatever that has?

Edited by Citrus

Does ImgBurn write information to the Labels of the ISO Images like Application Label, Author, Volume Set ID or does it just do an exact copy of the disc and whatever that has?

Everything is copied from the original disc as-is, sector-by-sector, absolutely no changes are made.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.