Img Burn for DL Disc

DJ928

Hello, I'm new to this site, so I apologize if I am posting this in the wrong area. I have quite a bit of experience using Imgburn with DVD Shrink. But my knowledge beyond just my using these programs is pretty limited. I just bought my first set of Verbatim DVD+R DL discs and wanted to get it right the first time I tried to burn (since they are expensive. :)).

I looked at the following guide:

http://forum.imgburn.com/index.php?showtopic=1780

but I couldn't get very far. I didn't understand the first line where it read:

<<Firstly make sure your Vob, Ifo and Bup files are in a folder called VIDEO_TS>>

Doesn't DVD Decrypter already do this? If not, I will need some help on how to do this. I have folders of the name of the movie and under those is usually the VIDEO_TS folder. I tried going to the next step and selecting the movie folder - didn't work - so I tried to get it to select the VIDEO folder - didn't work. Nothing happened as if the window wasn't recognizing anything I was trying to click on. So I can't get any further than that. If someone can help me, I'd appreciate it.

Thanks,

Dave

Are your IFO/BUP/VOB files in a folder called 'VIDEO_TS' ?

If they are, you're worrying about nothing.

If they aren't, make a VIDEO_TS folder and move them into it!

This is VERY basic stuff and can be done with a couple of clicks within Expolorer and a bit of dragging and dropping.

Were you actually in 'Build' mode when you tried to select the VIDEO_TS folder? If not, please read the guide again and don't skip steps.

You might also like to look at the slightly more up-to-date guide that can be found here: http://forum.imgburn.com/index.php?showtopic=4643

I don't know what IFO BUP or VOB files are unfortunately, so I can't answer that question. What I can tell you is that I use DVD Shrink with DVDFab Decrypter and Imgburn for my single layer discs. I don't really know how they all do what they do, but I am able to make them work. I just let them create their folders and then retrieve them in the next program and they do the rest. If there's something more I need to do with my DL discs, then I just need someone to tell me. I can't get to the next step in the guide I mentioned because I can't get it to open any of the folders created by DVDFab. I was in build mode. I followd the few steps carefully before trying to open the folders. I'll check out that other guide you sent.

Thanks.

Are your IFO/BUP/VOB files in a folder called 'VIDEO_TS' ?

If they are, you're worrying about nothing.

If they aren't, make a VIDEO_TS folder and move them into it!

This is VERY basic stuff and can be done with a couple of clicks within Expolorer and a bit of dragging and dropping.

Were you actually in 'Build' mode when you tried to select the VIDEO_TS folder? If not, please read the guide again and don't skip steps.

You might also like to look at the slightly more up-to-date guide that can be found here: http://forum.imgburn.com/index.php?showtopic=4643

Edited by DJ928

I like that newer guide - I just have to get past this first step and I think I can do the rest. DVDFab creates the folder(s) mentioned in the guide, but it won't let me select any of them when I try to open them in Imgburn. Do I need to change the format I save it in when using DVDFab? It works when I use DVD Shrink/Imgburn and single layer discs.

Thanks.

If you're burning normal data files it really doesn't matter where the LB is.

Buffering in your player software would easily get around the split second pause as the laser swaps layers.

Oh and to answer your question, the LB would be wherever the 50/50 split would be. The only time you do special things to find a nice LB position is when burning a DVD Video disc.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.