Can't enter the file name in the Destination box for ISO.

SIMPLE_GUY

What do you mean?

You type something and nothing happens?

That's just a standard Windows API 'GetSaveFileName' box, the program is nothing to do with it.

If you can't type it into the 'Save As' dialog, type it directly into the field (manually) in ImgBurn's Destination box.

What do you mean?

You type something and nothing happens?

That's just a standard Windows API 'GetSaveFileName' box, the program is nothing to do with it.

If you can't type it into the 'Save As' dialog, type it directly into the field (manually) in ImgBurn's Destination box.

Ok! Now i have typed it directly into the field (manually) in ImgBurn's Destination box. But when i press the Build Button, this error pops up.

imgburn3my6.png

try adding .iso to the end of what you entered in the destination box

so it reads

C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\My Documents\My Videos\movie.ISO

the clue is in the error message ;)

Entered:

C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\My Documents\My Videos\movie.ISO

Same thing. Same error. :huh:

P.S. I also renamed a folder to: movie.ISO

Edited by SIMPLE_GUY

In the time changer folder click tools folder options then click view scroll down and untick hide extensions for known file types, apply Ok close

then in time changer folder make a new text doc and type for file name myimage.iso say yes to changing extension

then in ImgBurn when your doing what you want the destination bit click on the folder and browse to time changer folder and click on myimage.iso once so that it appears in filename box.

See if that helps.

Dunno what your doing to get it to come up with that error as It's a simple procedure to enter filename normally.

afterwards put the tick back.

Going by the code, you must already actually have an actual folder called 'C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\My Documents\My Videos\movie'.

If you didn't, the program would have automatically appended the '.iso' bit and 'movie.iso' would have been your new destination file name.

So it's down to you if you want it called 'C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\My Documents\My Videos\movie.ISO' as volvo quite rightly suggested or if you intended the file to be put in that folder and called something like 'C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\My Documents\My Videos\movie\image.iso'.

Just remember, you creating a FILE here, not giving the program a FOLDER to put stuff in. You must give it a proper file name for the destination file - a folder name simply won't cut it!

Going by the code, you must already actually have an actual folder called 'C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\My Documents\My Videos\movie'.

If you didn't, the program would have automatically appended the '.iso' bit and 'movie.iso' would have been your new destination file name.

So it's down to you if you want it called 'C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\My Documents\My Videos\movie.ISO' as volvo quite rightly suggested or if you intended the file to be put in that folder and called something like 'C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\My Documents\My Videos\movie\image.iso'.

Just remember, you creating a FILE here, not giving the program a FOLDER to put stuff in. You must give it a proper file name for the destination file - a folder name simply won't cut it!

OK! Now i got it. I was trying to give program a folder, that's why it didn't work. But it needs to give it a name, not a folder.

LIGHTNING UK! thanks! Problem solved. :)

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.