Trying to burn 1 large file

bob spud

I am trying to burn a single file onto a DVD. The file is large (4,660,039,516 bytes).

I tried ISO, but it objected to the size. I set up for direct output to the disc in UDF format. The program ran for 11 minutes and said it was finished. The veryify started and was running at .1x (point 1 normal speed -- slow). I cancelled it and tried to read the disc in windows. I can see that it wrote almost to the outer edge of the disc.

However I cannot read the disc. ImgBurn says it is not formatted. Windows doesn't even know the disk is there. ISOBuster says the disc is blank.

NIT CD creater 7 says the file is too large to burn. Acronis (the guys who created the file) say it is not too big to burn. I tried another CD burning program and it says file is too big.

Anybody know the real story? If I can burn it in ImgBurn please give me a step by step (with options settings).

Thanks,

Spud

put the file on the hard drive ,get DVD Shrink and compress the file untill it'll fit a dvd (single layer ) make an ISO of it and burn. The file isn't much larger than the capacity of a dvd so you wont need much compression

I set up for direct output to the disc in UDF format. The program ran for 11 minutes and said it was finished. The veryify started and was running at .1x (point 1 normal speed -- slow). I cancelled it and tried to read the disc in windows. I can see that it wrote almost to the outer edge of the disc.

Sounds like poor quality media. Get Taiyo Yuden or Verbatim discs and try again.

So you're backing up a *.tib file yeah?

You'd have to use Build mode and set the file system to 'UDF'. None of the others can handle files that are >= 4GB in size.

If after that you have trouble reading the disc, I suggest you listen to mmalves advice :)

Oh and of course check for firmware updates for your drive.

Put the file on the hard drive ,get DVD Shrink

Can't shrink it as it must be usable directly from the DVD in the event of a system restore.

So you're backing up a *.tib file yeah?

You'd have to use Build mode and set the file system to 'UDF'. None of the others can handle files that are >= 4GB in size.

If after that you have trouble reading the disc, I suggest you listen to mmalves advice :)

Oh and of course check for firmware updates for your drive.

For speed purposes I put the tib files onto a hard disc and now want to put them on DVD.

I used the Build mode and set the file system to 'UDF'. I have had no trouble with this media for other burns. I do have the latest firmware for the drive.

I am thinking it might be the drive. I tried other media and other programs and am not getting consistent results.

Thanks

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.