question about creating a layer break

make believe

Hello,

I have just started using IMGburn and already have a question. I skimmed the various threads and read the faq and guides and still am wondering about creating layer breaks portion of the program. According to the picture and instruction in the guide posted, it says I should select the 'no' under the SPLIP column. However I have come across a couple of DL discs that have more than one 'no' under this column. This is where I am a bit confused. Should I typically stick to using the first no on the top of the column or does it really not matter too much either way? I recently ended up wasting a lot of DL blanks (unrelated to this problem) and would like to be sure so I do not continue wasting more. Thanks in advance for any help.

Edited by make believe

Which one you select is really down to you. That's the whole idea of the 'preview' feature. YOU find out which one works best for the files you're trying to write - no 2 movies will ever be the same.

If in doubt, just get a screenshot and post it up. There are certain other things to look out for - the star rating is a good place to start.

Thanks for the response. I did some more searching on the topic and found some more information which discussed the star rating you mentioned and a couple other things. I did 2 more discs and chose a layer break with a excellent rating and whose start time was SPLIP was N/A. It was an IFO file I believe. Other excellent ratings had times to them which were still part of the episodes so I chose to go with an IFO file (no preview but I read it in some thread it's also a good way to go). I'll check them out and hopefully they turned out ok.

Isn't there an option not to use a layer break so you don't have that pause? I think I've seen that option and unsure about using it. If so, why would anyone want a layer break? That pause is annoying sometimes depending on the scene. Could we get some more info on that and also the vob option which I don't understand at all. Thanks very much. :D

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.