Slow writng lead in

jaymac

Hi now this may well be my impatience but on the last 2 or 3 times when trying to burn form Iso file the time taken to write leadin seems to be taking too long (compared to decrypt). Not wishing to make a coaster I click abort am asked if Im sure i confirm . Imgburn then seems to hang or at least take too long to shut down.Put the samr file in dectypt and its done and dusted in no time.Anything apart from impatience that might be wrong.

If you abort when it's saying the leadin is being written, it's already too late if you're trying to avoid a coaster.

ImgBurn doesn't actually do anything with the LeadIn, it's a drive function. Different drives handle it in different ways. Some will write it when the first 'Write' command is sent to the drive and that command won't finish being processed until the leadin has been written and the 'Write' has completed. Others will accept write commands until the buffer is full AND THEN go about doing the leadin.

As such, it's a 'best guess' situation.

Either way, if it's taking far too long to move onto the 'Writing Image' stage, it's a sign the drive is having issues writing to the media. If your drive is decent, it's firmware up-to-date and you're using decent media then there shouldn't be any problem.

This is a fairly recent event .Dont understand the drive being at fault when decrypt works ok? also aborting while it says write leadin has'nt resulted in coasters as yet. Time wise too long is longer than I care to wait next time I'll time it .Decrypt takes about a minute to leadin.I've been using Imgburn for well over a year now and this only recent

No there are no updates available as far as I know .I thought it might be the media as I normally use verbatim at present using memorex.However thpught that would be aproblem acros the board not just Img burn .Have some verbatim coming in will see if its ok with them

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.