help with write

scootah8

I am a complete newbie to all of this. My friend gave me a dvd-r (with a movie on it) to copy to another dvd-r. I attempted to copy the original dvd-r to my hard disk. The process got to 96% complete and then I had read errors. I attempted then to write to the new dvd-r, but when I put the dvd-r the the dvd/rw drive on my computer, ImgBurn says the medium is not present and the arrow that goes hard drive to dvd is grayed out. I cannot hit the arrow. Like I said, I'm a total newbie and I just want to copy this Dvd-r to another. Any help would be greatly aprreciated.

You might have discs that your drive doesn't support.

How old is the drive?

Does it support both format discs? i.e. DVD-R and DVD+R ?

Have you tried updating the firmware on it?

Have you tried some totally different discs? (Don't go by brand names, you need to find out the dye the disc uses)

You might have discs that your drive doesn't support.

How old is the drive?

Does it support both format discs? i.e. DVD-R and DVD+R ?

Have you tried updating the firmware on it?

Have you tried some totally different discs? (Don't go by brand names, you need to find out the dye the disc uses)

It is a NEC DVD+RW ND-2100AD. I put a DVD+R and now it recognizes the DVD+R. I am following the "Burning DVD Video files directly to single layer media with ImgBurn" and I'm up to the "press the calculate button", but I can not find it. Also, because I'm using a DVD+R disc, will I havd problems? Thanks.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.