sony changer

Thyatis

I am using a sony vaio changer and i go into the media changer and nothing comes up, so i select the sony vaio changer and it says it has 200 slots but everything is unknown and when i click scan all it does nothing with the changer at all. Like it can't control it for some reason.

I use a dos program and it can control it and change the slots etc. Where should i start? I have removed the drive out of device and had it readd rebooted etc.

what logs would you need to trouble shoot it?

this is what it says when it starts

I 19:17:25 ImgBurn Version 2.4.0.0 started!

I 19:17:25 Microsoft Windows Vista Business Edition (6.0, Build 6000)

I 19:17:25 Total Physical Memory: 3,144,256 KB - Available: 1,596,532 KB

I 19:17:25 Initialising SPTI...

I 19:17:25 Searching for SCSI / ATAPI devices...

I 19:17:26 Found 1 DVD-ROM, 1 DVD±RW, 1 DVD±RW/RAM and 1 Changer!

Thank you in advance.

And thanks for the feature!

Oh so yours doesn't do this then?

changer.png

I need an I/O debug log to figure out why the commands are failing (or returning rubbish).

Press F8 to enable I/O debug mode, then open up the 'Medium Changer Control' window.

Click the bottom 'Scan All' button and leave it until it's done a few slots (even if they come up unknown).

Cancel it, close the window and then save the log to a file and upload it onto the forum (or copy + paste it all).

Thanks.

Oh so yours doesn't do this then?

post-1-1202895798_thumb.png

I need an I/O debug log to figure out why the commands are failing (or returning rubbish).

Press F8 to enable I/O debug mode, then open up the 'Medium Changer Control' window.

Click the bottom 'Scan All' button and leave it until it's done a few slots (even if they come up unknown).

Cancel it, close the window and then save the log to a file and upload it onto the forum (or copy + paste it all).

Thanks.

It actually does nothing at nothing in the log nothing. Its like i never clicked the button. But i did.

Could it be the fact i am rdping into the box i am doing this on?

Ah sorry, seems I did some things incorrectly on Vista.

It's looking at a different 'Devices' dropdown box to figure out which one is selected and under Vista that box is always empty.

I'd only tested it on XP as I can't access firewire devices from within VMWare.

It's fixed for the next version.

You could try changing the compatability settings to make your OS look like XP to ImgBurn... but be warned, a few other things within the program might look a little different!

It's looking at a different 'Devices' dropdown box to figure out which one is selected and under Vista that box is always empty.

You could try changing the compatability settings to make your OS look like XP to ImgBurn... but be warned, a few other things within the program might look a little different!

OOOO nooo!!! been dieing for this version to come out when will the next version be out?

any chance of gettng a quick fix for it?

thanks tho love the program

OOOO nooo!!! been dieing for this version to come out when will the next version be out?

any chance of gettng a quick fix for it?

thanks tho love the program

i have tested in compatibility mode and it works so i guess that is the work around and work out :)

• 2 months later...
When you click 'Scan All', the changer won't physically do anything, it should just change from saying 'Unknown' to 'Yes' or 'No'.

So once you are able to scan the slots, what then should I do? I am able to get the drives section to read that there is media present and the source slot says 001, but I am at a total loss as what to do after that. I hit okay and then when I'm taken back to the burn screen I'm still getting a "Device Not Ready" and "Medium Not Presnt". Clearly I'm doing something wrong...

Do I need to have the Sony software installed?

I looked for a guide for this feature and there does not appear to be one. If I am mistaken, please direct me to that and I will figure it out.:)

Thanks!

Edited by Cotay

Hi and welcome to the forum, Cotay! :)

There is no written guide. :(

Only admin and one other that have this equipment, so only they know how it works.

Thank you for the warm welcome and the information. I hope that they can give me some pointers...the next step will be to burn all of my DVDs one at a time if I can't get this to work...:) If there is additional software that I will need I would be happy to obtain it. I've spent enough on my HTPC pver the years, my wife can handle a bit more.:)

What do you actually want to to?

If you're burning, you have to fill the changer with blanks, 'mount' one of them (slot 1) in the drive (drive 1) and then the 'Write' button will become enabled in the main program window.

Queue up all your images and hit the 'Write' button, the rest is automatic.

What do you actually want to to?

If you're burning, you have to fill the changer with blanks, 'mount' one of them (slot 1) in the drive (drive 1) and then the 'Write' button will become enabled in the main program window.

Queue up all your images and hit the 'Write' button, the rest is automatic.

I suppose it would be helpful to tell you my end goal wouldn't it. >_<

I am trying to rip my DVD collection to HDD. I'm not sure this functonality is supported but it would be nice.:)

define 'DVD collection' ?!

ImgBurn cannot read protected discs - which is what all DVD movies are.

For 'normal' or burnt discs, you can of course use 'Read' mode.

There's no direct support for the changer in read mode. What you have to do is write a batch script and use another CLI tool that can change the currently mounted media and then call ImgBurn via CLI to do the reading.

I'm pretty sure I've read about this all being automated in existing freeware programs - on one of the AV forums on the internet.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.