Question about 'seemless option'

SIMPLE_GUY

The newer version DOES have it... it's not visible on the screen presented by the 'Calculate' fuction because it simply doesn't apply at that point - but the program has always worked like that.

Seamless is used to change (or rather not change) the SPLIP column to 'Yes' for the selected cell. Normally ImgBurn would mark it as Non seamless (where SPLIP would then say 'No').

On supported players, having it set to 'Yes' means that you won't get the little pause as the drive switches layers - hence it's a 'seamless' layer break.

The newer version DOES have it...

O yeah! I missed it!

20080222171042km7.jpg

On supported players, having it set to 'Yes' means that you won't get the little pause as the drive switches layers - hence it's a 'seamless' layer break.

It sounded to me as 'yes' is better than 'no'. If so, than why by default it is set to 'no' (not seemless)? Or do i misunderstood something, because layer breaks with green, blue and yellow stars (better options) always marked as none seemless layer break, on the other hand layer breakes with the grey stars (worst options) marked as seemless? Why?

Isn't it better to have 'Check Seemless' option ticked for all the time?

If your players support it, check seamless all the time. Tools --> Settings --> General --> Layer Break and tick "Check Seamless".

Regards

Mmmm... Well, i do not know if my player supports it or not, but i never ever noticed any pause while drive switches the layers. And i'm talking here about DVD9 i've burned with Imgburn and the selected cell where marked as 'NO' in the SPLIP column (i.e. none seamless) for the most of the times.

I'm confused. :unsure:

Edited by SIMPLE_GUY

You're gunna need to experiment with 1 DVD. Do a DL burn with check seamless ticked. And try to play across the layer break and see if it plays OK (you shouldn't even notice the LB). Most modern players happily play seamless LB. Once you've done one, you'll know if your players will support this.

Regards

You're gunna need to experiment with 1 DVD. Do a DL burn with check seamless ticked. And try to play across the layer break and see if it plays OK (you shouldn't even notice the LB). Most modern players happily play seamless LB. Once you've done one, you'll know if your players will support this.

Regards

Thanks blutach!

Up to this day i always burned DL disks with check seamless unticked (SPLIP was saying 'No', except for the grey star on the selected cell). But playing such disk in my DVD player i never ever noticed any pause when playing across the LB. It seems to me that none seemless works as seamless.

So, keep this on for good now and you'll not be bothered by the extremely annoying pause at the LB (this was so badly done (especially) in early DL movies, I once actually took a disk back - Matrix 1 - cos I thought it was broken!).

Regards

I must be lucky as I aint got a dvd player that pauses at all on any dual layer. I have a few home dvd players and regardless of seamless option never noticed it before, well maybe in the early days on my accoustic solution £128 dvd player I did but dvd players since no signs of pause at all.

Thanks, blutach!

I guess it depends on a player, good player will make switching layers seamless regardless of what SPLIP was saying for the selected sell 'Yes' or 'No'. Having option check 'seamless' set by default (i.e. unticked) i'm happy with the results - switching of layers always seamless in my player. :thumbup:

And to the players supporting seamless option, what is it might say in the description for the player supporting 'seamless' layer break? Or basically you discover about it on a practice?

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.