Burning both folders and files, Not all files and copied

Peru

Hi, I'm new to ImageBurn. I've used it successfully to burn ISO images to disc without any problems, but...

1) When using "Write files/folders to disc" I can click on the "browse for a folder" button to add folders and "browse for a file" button to add files. If I want to choose both files and folders (located within the same folder) do I have to use each button separately, or can I choose the files and folders all at once? :unsure:

2) When I used "Write files/folders to disc" and used the "browse for a folder" button to add the folder "My Documents" (size is 275Mb) it did not copy all of the files and folders in "My Documents". The How can I find out why this happened and fix it? :huh:

1) When using "Write files/folders to disc" I can click on the "browse for a folder" button to add folders and "browse for a file" button to add files. If I want to choose both files and folders (located within the same folder) do I have to use each button separately, or can I choose the files and folders all at once?

Open Imgburn in build mode and dran-n-drop what you want to burn into the file selection window.

1. See post above.

The windows dialog boxes don't allow for selecting folders and files in the same box. There's a box for files and a box for folders. I have to make my own if you want box - that'll probably happen one day but drag + drop works very well for now.

2. Did you have 'resurse subdirectories' enabled? Maybe you need to include 'hidden' files/folders?

1) When using "Write files/folders to disc" I can click on the "browse for a folder" button to add folders and "browse for a file" button to add files. If I want to choose both files and folders (located within the same folder) do I have to use each button separately, or can I choose the files and folders all at once?

Open Imgburn in build mode and dran-n-drop what you want to burn into the file selection window.

Thanks, that answered that question. :thumbup:

However, when I did that it still did not copy all of the files. After closely comparing the folder to be copied to what was copied I noticed that there were "hidden files" which it did not copy. I do have "view hidden files" enabled.

Will ImageBurn not copy hidden files? (I have other burning software which does).

Course it can.

If the 'Include Hidden Files' is ticked and the FindFirst/Next API can see them then they'll be added.

You'd probably want 'Include System Files' checked too.

Ensure 'Include Archive Files ONLY' is NOT checked.

Did as you suggested. Worked like a charm. :thumbup:

Thanks!

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.