Burn failures

rdfarr

Using a DVD that I previously burned using DVDFab and ImgBurn, I tried to copy whole disc to a blank DVD (mfg Maxell DVD+R, 16x). I got a burn failure. I tried the "burn again" option with a Memorex DVD+RW 4x disc and was successful. I then tried another "burn again" using another Maxell blank and had another failure. The failure description was: "Failed to Write Sectors 1022592 - 1022623 - Invalid Address For Write." The log is provided below.

What might be the problem?

Thanks for any help.

I 11:17:26 ImgBurn Version 2.4.0.0 started!

I 11:17:26 Microsoft Windows XP Media Center Edition (5.1, Build 2600 : Service Pack 2)

I 11:17:26 Total Physical Memory: 1,572,204 KB - Available: 1,002,088 KB

I 11:17:26 Initialising SPTI...

I 11:17:26 Searching for SCSI / ATAPI devices...

I 11:17:27 Found 1 DVD-ROM and 1 DVD

MAXELL DISCS ARE junk!! i made the mistake of stocking up on them when they were cheap i have dvd-r's dvd+r's and mini dvd's for the camcorder and all of them are garbage i get maybe one good burn out of every 5-10 discs.. imo that is prob your issue. i have yet to have ingburn fail with about 9-10 different kinds of media so far it wil burn anything i throw at it EXCEPT those maxell's.... i officially threw them out ALL of them last night.. not worth the headache..

but agreed if you stand a chance with them slow them down to 4x that was the only way i could get anywhere with them with any burning program.. and trust me i tried them all

btw my choices of blanks have become much more limited since ive learned a lot.. verbatim. ty, and sometimes ritek are all i will use for dvd's anymore. i did score some dvd-r's at office depot that turned out some great burns though the arita brand honestly i didnt have one bad one out of 200 i bought..

cdr's imo doesnt matter much i have found by now they all burn pretty well the same except the really cheap no name brand junk. i buy staples or office depot brand for general purposes and verbatim's for audio since i want them to last a a while..

Have you tried slowing it down a bit?

It just looks like the drive can't handle 16x on those discs very well.

They're not my first choice for media either... or my 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th... you get the idea ;)

THAT WORKED! I cranked it down to 4x and the burn was successful. Thanks for the help.

BTW, these discs are identified as RicohJPN-R03-04.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.