Bad sectors.. grrrr!

memphis12

I have tried this game twice now and both times i get this log:

I 09:27:24 ImgBurn Version 2.4.0.0 started!

I 09:27:24 Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition (5.1, Build 2600 : Service Pack 2)

I 09:27:24 Total Physical Memory: 1,048,044 KB - Available: 542,152 KB

I 09:27:24 Initialising SPTI...

I 09:27:24 Searching for SCSI / ATAPI devices...

I 09:27:24 Found 2 DVD-ROMs and 1 DVD

You got some bad sectors near the edge of the disc (what is interesting is that there's only 2 errors and they are both at the same part of the sector and both wrong by the same amount). Try to verify in another reader. If that is OK, then it might be OK.

But if not, then yes, every time it encounters those sectors, it will be unpredictable and not what the game author intended.

Regards

"

Bad sectors would normally cause the drive to error out - yours isn't.

Miscompares are generally where a program is modifying the data on-the-fly or you're suffering from corruption due to bad/overclocked ram."

Ok.. how would i solve this problem?? certain games work every time when i burn, some games always have bad sectors when verifying?? i have just updated my nvidia drivers which were VERY out of date.. dont know if that would have done anything??

Thanks in advance

I am using Verbatim 43572 DVD+R 8.5GB 2.4x DoubleLayer Printable disks.

I have a (samsung) TSST corp CD/DVDW SH-S182D with the newest drivers..

This is driving me crazy and dont know what is causing these bad sectors when verifying certain games.

Just in case anyone needs to know this stuff as well.

Thanks

Download Memtest + ISO burn it, boot your computer with it, let it check your ram for errors. 1 error means bad ram let it go for 4-8 passes if none reported signs are good but leave it to run for 12 hours overnight on advanced test and no errors to practically rule out ram being responsible.

Cheers, my mate already checked my ram the other day.

I use NERO for burning all films and have never had problems, just started with the 360 games last week. Its only doing it on certain ones.. at same place, i even got the game from another source and name, same place and same game with bad sectors.. there must be something.

My NVIDIA drivers being out of date wont effect it would it? or DVD43 running?

Hmmmmmmmmm, well it only kicks in with bad errors when i burn a "region free" game.. but when it is just a "pal" one it works fine.

So would it kick in if it is detecting something from a different region???

God i hope so!!!! lol! then all is fixed!

If you still have this image file:

Image File: C:\Documents and Settings\memphis.OWNER-BQZEUDB8K\My Documents\Newsbin Download\r0-lood1.par2[1]\r0-lood1\lodisseyd1.dvd

You can use the 'Verify' Mode (with DVD43) disabled to see if it works on the disc that reported bad sectors.

:)

I didnt realise i could just verify it instead of wasting disks... cheers.

I have the image file . Yes. I loaded it up and selected the verify option.

How do i verify it? it says i have to have media present, so i just put in the disk i had already burned onto. Wont it find errors on the disk that were there before as its the same disk? or is it searching the image file??

Thanks, and sorry if im not that clued up on all this... YET! lol

That's the thing, there aren't any physical errors on the disc.

The program is just telling you that the content in those sectors doesn't match what's in the image file.

If DVD43 is messing things up, disable it and see if the errors go away.

If the errors move each time you verify then it's probably ram corruption.

Just tried it..

Errors EXACTLY the same! the log is identical! so it has done it in same place.. is it worth uninstalling DVD43?? can it still interfear even if not running? can dvd decrypter, nero .. anything like that, that is installed cause any of this?

Thanks in advance.. this is driving me insaneeeeeeee!

Yes, get rid of DVD43. Even if it is not active, it may still be there as a lower filter. Then try again. You can always reinstall if this is not the problem.

Regards

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.