ImgBurn changes my CPU color quality settings to 8 bit

ChiBulls2315

The title says it all I guess. So every time I open ImgBurn manually, my color settings turn to 8 bit, which actually isn't even listed as an option in the control panel. (only 16 and 32)

The odd thing is when I read the DVD w/ DVD Shrink and it automatically switches over to ImgBurn to burn, it doesn't do this. It's only when I open ImgBurn manually that it changes the color settings. Also, it should be noted the color settings go back to normal after I close out of ImgBurn.

How do I fix this?

It didn't seem to make a difference. I knew it was really weird, but it did burn me about 12 DVDs that worked fine. But it obviously isn't normal. So I'm not sure if this is related or not since it worked, but I've run 8 coasters in a row now trying to burn the image of 4 different movies. Here's a pic of the error message I've been getting.

untitled.bmp

Hi and welcome to the forum, ChiBulls2315! :)

You have the same burner as my first one.

Can you post the full log from the latest burn? You find it here: Main Menu -> Help -> ImgBurn Logs

Running Windows XP?

If you right click on the icon for ImgBurn on your desktop and select Properties. There are some settings that can make it run in 256 colors. Just to rule out that such a setting is enabled.

Hi and welcome to the forum, ChiBulls2315! :)

You have the same burner as my first one.

Can you post the full log from the latest burn? You find it here: Main Menu -> Help -> ImgBurn Logs

Running Windows XP?

If you right click on the icon for ImgBurn on your desktop and select Properties. There are some settings that can make it run in 256 colors. Just to rule out that such a setting is enabled.

Thanks for the welcome!

I solved my problem. My 4 year daughter goofed around on the desktop a while back and somehow deleted some icons, then even from the recycle bin even. Don't ask me how. :) So naturally I went to Start > All Programs and just created a shortcut to the desktop for new icons. Buuuutttt, because I do that deal where I have DVD Shrink think ImgBurn is DVD Decrypter, it apparently put a different ImgBurn for my desktop icon than I needed. I say apparently because I just thought of this and went to Program Files and into the Decrypter folder and copied the ImgBurn icon out of there onto the desktop and it works fine now! I don't know why that is, but it works now. :thumbup:

As for my coasters, I bought a new media today and burned 2 DVDs fine. At which point I saw your reply so it was too late to give you the log file of my last failed attempt. But still, I had burned over 60 DVDs w/ the other kind that were making all the coasters so I went looking around online for answers. I ended up going into the registry, deleted "MasterIdDataChecksum" and "SlaveIdDataChecksum" keys and I have burned another 2 DVDs fine w/ the media that wasn't working.

Sorry for writing a book here. But just one more thing. Are a lot of people still doing the trick where you have Shrink think ImgBurn is Decrypter? I started that a while back when I had some other problems and came across it. And I don't usually check back up and read on these types of things as long as whatever I'm doing is working fine, which for the most part has been the case.

Here's a log. Failed two movies today again.

I 00:51:00 ImgBurn Version 2.4.0.0 started!

I 00:51:00 Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition (5.1, Build 2600 : Service Pack 2)

I 00:51:00 Total Physical Memory: 522,224 KB - Available: 373,076 KB

I 00:51:01 Initialising SPTI...

I 00:51:01 Searching for SCSI / ATAPI devices...

I 00:51:01 Found 1 DVD-ROM and 1 DVD

Here's a log. Failed two movies today again.

I 00:51:00 ImgBurn Version 2.4.0.0 started!

I 01:04:23 Operation Successfully Completed! - Duration: 00:13:15

I 01:04:23 Average Write Rate: 5,505 KB/s (4.0x) - Maximum Write Rate: 5,723 KB/s (4.1x)

seems ok according to the log

btw you should update to 2.4.1.0

Whoops, sorry about that.

;

I 01:06:01 ImgBurn Version 2.4.0.0 started!

I 01:06:01 Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition (5.1, Build 2600 : Service Pack 2)

I 01:06:01 Total Physical Memory: 522,224 KB - Available: 363,520 KB

I 01:06:01 Initialising SPTI...

I 01:06:01 Searching for SCSI / ATAPI devices...

I 01:06:02 Found 1 DVD-ROM and 1 DVD

Just got another too.

I 01:41:11 ImgBurn Version 2.4.0.0 started!

I 01:41:11 Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition (5.1, Build 2600 : Service Pack 2)

I 01:41:11 Total Physical Memory: 522,224 KB - Available: 364,668 KB

I 01:41:11 Initialising SPTI...

I 01:41:11 Searching for SCSI / ATAPI devices...

I 01:41:11 Found 1 DVD-ROM and 1 DVD

change your drive and media or at least your media to verbatim or taiyo yuden

[edit actually If that drive is old as it seems and 4x is it's fastest get a new drive or you will just run into trouble after trouble searching for 4x rated quality media]

change your drive and media or at least your media to verbatim or taiyo yuden

[edit actually If that drive is old as it seems and 4x is it's fastest get a new drive or you will just run into trouble after trouble searching for 4x rated quality media]

I did order some Taiyo Yuden discs today. I'll look into a new drive. However, I haven't had a problem w/ this drive hardly ever and now all of a sudden I've ruined like 15 of my last 17 discs. What in God's name is going on here?!?! It shouldn't just kneel over and ...die, right?! The latest one...

I 13:54:05 ImgBurn Version 2.4.0.0 started!

I 13:54:05 Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition (5.1, Build 2600 : Service Pack 2)

I 13:54:05 Total Physical Memory: 522,224 KB - Available: 319,592 KB

I 13:54:05 Initialising SPTI...

I 13:54:05 Searching for SCSI / ATAPI devices...

I 13:54:05 Found 1 DVD-ROM and 1 DVD

These things do just die I'm afraid - and your drive is ancient now.

You might also like to fix your DMA settings as there's no way you should be getting so many 'Buffer Recovery' lines in the log if you're only burning at 4x.

Well, not unless you were doing a million and one things on it at the same time as burning.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.