Having problem burning dvd DL

Dang

i cant seem to burn dvd+r dual layer iso with imgburn any help would be great.thanks.

I 23:18:16 Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition (5.1, Build 2600 : Service Pack 2)

I 23:18:16 Total Physical Memory: 507,308 KB - Available: 92,028 KB

W 23:18:16 Drive C:\ (FAT32) does not support single files > 4 GB in size.

I 23:18:17 Initialising SPTI...

I 23:18:17 Searching for SCSI / ATAPI devices...

I 23:18:17 Found 1 DVD

check that your firmware is up to date, is this an xbox game? if so you should have chosen the .dvd file as it contains the layerbreak info, you chose 4x although your drive only supports 2.4x on those discs

check that your firmware is up to date, is this an xbox game? if so you should have chosen the .dvd file as it contains the layerbreak info, you chose 4x although your drive only supports 2.4x on those discs

I look everywhere for an update firmware for my burner no luck, it seem to be the latest. This is an wii iso game. I just update imgburn version, then try burning it at 42% i get error.

I 00:07:18 ImgBurn Version 2.4.1.0 started!

I 00:07:18 Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition (5.1, Build 2600 : Service Pack 2)

I 00:07:18 Total Physical Memory: 507,308 KB - Available: 109,368 KB

W 00:07:18 Drive C:\ (FAT32) does not support single files > 4 GB in size.

I 00:07:18 Initialising SPTI...

I 00:07:18 Searching for SCSI / ATAPI devices...

I 00:07:18 Found 1 DVD

Edited by Dang

also you need a specific layerbreak as mentioned this usually is auto set from a .dvd file which your either missing or you failed to use and chose to try and burn directly from the ISO.

place this .dvd file in same place as you have the iso (extract it first)

super_smash.rar

or open text doc and paste this is

LayerBreak=2084960

Super Smash Bros. Brawl.iso

then click save as

then in file name bit type this including the speech marks "super.mds" then place that in same place as your iso

also you need a specific layerbreak as mentioned this usually is auto set from a .dvd file which your either missing or you failed to use and chose to try and burn directly from the ISO.

place this .dvd file in same place as you have the iso (extract it first)

super_smash.rar

or open text doc and paste this is

LayerBreak=2084960

Super Smash Bros. Brawl.iso

then click save as

then in file name bit type this including the speech marks "super.mds" then place that in same place as your iso

how would i go about burning this afterward? Do i open this .dvd file and jus burn it and do i need to go to setting and write and specific laybreak and set to 2084960 also?sorry i am bit confuse.

choose mds file or right click on it and choose burn with imgburn layerbreak will be there auto

you must have mds file in same location as the ISO though

make sure you have in ImgBurn write setting calculate optimal ticked and not user specified

choose mds file or right click on it and choose burn with imgburn layerbreak will be there auto

you must have mds file in same location as the ISO though

make sure you have in ImgBurn write setting calculate optimal ticked and not user specified

ok when i right click and choose burn using imgburn i get this error "Invalid or unsupported image file format! Reason: First image file part is less than 2048 bytes in size."

do i jus go ahead and ignore and burn it anyway?

if you have the mds in same place as the Source File: D:\Super Smash Bros. Brawl.ISO and you get that error then your ISO image must be a zero byte file

you could now if you cannot get the mds method working go back in to ImgBurn write setting and tick user specified and enter in or better still copy and paste in 2084960 then apply then burn your 7 gig + ISO

if you have the mds in same place as the Source File: D:\Super Smash Bros. Brawl.ISO and you get that error then your ISO image must be a zero byte file

you could now if you cannot get the mds method working go back in to ImgBurn write setting and tick user specified and enter in or better still copy and paste in 2084960 then apply then burn your 7 gig + ISO

It stop at 50% i dont know whats the problem....

here is the log:

I 14:00:43 ImgBurn Version 2.4.1.0 started!

I 14:00:43 Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition (5.1, Build 2600 : Service Pack 2)

I 14:00:43 Total Physical Memory: 507,308 KB - Available: 206,808 KB

W 14:00:43 Drive C:\ (FAT32) does not support single files > 4 GB in size.

I 14:00:44 Initialising SPTI...

I 14:00:44 Searching for SCSI / ATAPI devices...

I 14:00:44 Found 1 DVD

I 14:03:35 Write Speed: 1x

You are trying to burn the discs slower than they are meant to be, bump to 2.4X

How old is the drive? Might be time for an upgrade as the last support for K05 is 2005, can't find much on the K05RA though.

did they set layerbreak at all (edit I looked at log 3 times still did not see you have set layerbreak) but you did

I 14:03:35 User Specified L0 Data Zone Capacity: 2,084,960

give up buy another drive but remember to set layerbreak when you get new drive or it will not work.

Be cheaper to buy game tbh

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.