Creating ISO image from a DL disk.

Les McQueen

Hi.

I'm having a problem creating an ISO image from a DL disk that I previously burned with a custom layerbreak (2084960).

When I now come to 'Create image file from disk', it fails with an I/O error at the 50% mark.

It seems to pass the custom layerbreak point, then fails around 3000 sectors after.

Is it possible that the custom LB is being ignored and that IMGBurn is expecting a LB in the usual place, and failing when it's not there?

Hope you can help.

Please post the log from that read attempt (you can find it at Help/ImgBurn Logs) so that we can see what's the error.

By the way, that layerbreak tells me it's a Super Smash Bros Brawl DVD :pirate2:

Reading a DL disc doesn't work how you think it does.

The drive takes care of the switch between the physical layers, the location of shifted layer break has nothing to do with anything.

If you have an error when reading then it should have been picked up on during the verify stage... you did verify didn't you?

Reading a DL disc doesn't work how you think it does.

The drive takes care of the switch between the physical layers, the location of shifted layer break has nothing to do with anything.

If you have an error when reading then it should have been picked up on during the verify stage... you did verify didn't you?

Sorry to have wasted everyone's time.

It looks like the problem was down to a scuffed disc. :blush:

I was able to read another DL that I had without any problem.

<get's coat.......>

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.