Idiot burns unreadable disc; please help

quaestor

• ImgBurn 2.4.1.0
  • Verbatim DVD-R 16x (MCC 03RG20)
  • Perfectly good LG burner

Like a moron, I burned a couple year's worth of photos (~900 MB) using UDF 2.01 only (don't ask; I don't know). The burn completed with no errors and verified with no errors.

I am unable to read the disc in any of the umpty-million dvd readers (including the burner that created the d*mn thing) in the house, using XP and several flavors of Linux.

I've tried the Roxio UDF reader, the Nero UDF reader, and ISOBuster - zippo

Oh, yes, and ImgBurn now says that the disc is a blank DVD-R with ~4G free and displays the following:

Physical Format Information (Last Recorded):

Disc ID: 0@P-!-00

Book Type: DVD-R

Part Version: 5

Disc Size: 120mm

Maximum Read Rate: Not Specified

Number of Layers: 1

Track Path: Parallel Track Path (PTP)

Linear Density: 0.267 um/bit

Track Density: 0.74 um/track

First Physical Sector of Data Area: 196,608

Last Physical Sector of Data Area: 2,495,103

Last Physical Sector in Layer 0: 0

~help~ :'(

Try using ImgBurn's Read mode to make an ISO image from that disc. Set the Data Read Speed to 1x before clicking the Read button.

Unfortunately, the "go" button never lights up; IB thinks the disc is blank. Or maybe I'm being brain-dead again and there's some option I'm missing...

Maybe you had 'Test Mode' enabled... but in that case it wouldn't have verified anything.

Test mode doesn't burn anything to the disc, the drive doesn't set up the laser to full power and so nothing gets burnt. (This is a drive function btw)

Maybe you had 'Test Mode' enabled... but in that case it wouldn't have verified anything.

Test mode doesn't burn anything to the disc, the drive doesn't set up the laser to full power and so nothing gets burnt. (This is a drive function btw)

Nah, test mode defeinitely wasn't enabled... Please don't get the impression I'm trying to blame IB; I'm just trying to figure out what I did wrong ('cause I'm pretty sure it was me :rolleyes: )

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.