ImgBurn craps out with CD-RW

lethal

I thought that ImgBurn was the Ultimate burner for all my needs, but recetly it crapped out with my one CD-RW.

I erased that CD-RW aound a half dozen times in case if it got some errors but again and again ImgBurn refused to burn an ISO image.

The error i got was somethng like "Invalid Address For Write" and when i googled the web for the error and read ImgBurn forums, then I found that Lighting UK! (The Authour - You all know) suggested that it was due to bad disc quality and recommended to use some other brands.

I thought that my CD-RW might have become useless as it was lying useless for a long time, but then I found a new software called DropToCD -- and gave it a try. With no problems at all -- no problems -- very smoothly it burned the ISO to my same CD-RW successfully.

Now dudes I'm not a leet or very advanced user but stll the only thing i could make out from this was just ImgBurn craps out with CD-RW's (some of them).

Post a log please---->Imgburn/Help/Imgburn logs

Here's the log of my so called crappy drive :

I 19:27:33 ImgBurn Version 2.4.1.0 started!

I 19:27:33 Microsoft Windows XP Professional (5.1, Build 2600 : Service Pack 2)

I 19:27:33 Total Physical Memory: 253,424 KB - Available: 85,208 KB

W 19:27:33 Drive C:\ (FAT32) does not support single files > 4 GB in size.

W 19:27:33 Drive D:\ (FAT32) does not support single files > 4 GB in size.

I 19:27:33 Initialising SPTI...

I 19:27:33 Searching for SCSI / ATAPI devices...

I 19:27:33 Found 1 DVD

Edited by lethal

Your drive crapping out is nothing to do with ImgBurn.

I feel that my drive is crapping out and i need a new one but then I would like to ask, why does that other software called DropToCD burn that ISO image within just half a minute and without any errors or problems?

All I need to say is that your drive SHOULD be burning fine on that disc and it's not.

Errors like these are nothing to do with the program, they come directly from the drive and are a result of it running into a problem when burning the media you're using.

It's purely a hardware/media/firmware thing.

I can't make it happen and I can't stop it from happening - it's totally out of my hands.

Try burning at 10x. You've selected 1x and that's not even a supported speed - so the drive would use the 4x anyway.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.