Failed to Write Sectors - Logical Block Address out of Range

Brandon_H

Hi. I've browsed this forum and have noticed this error is common, but not sure what will fix it in my case. i am using dvd flick and a dvd rw recorder on my pc to burn a 700 mb cd-r to play in a dvd player. i receive an error after about 3% through burning the disc. It says something about an invalid address in the log window that's open while imgburn in running. and in my log i attached, it says "logical block address out of range".

when using dvd flick, it says about 2.5 gb (the original avi i am attempting to burn is 804 mb) of the 700 mb of the cd-r will be used. on my dvd drive, i chose a recording speed of 4x when using a 1x-52x Imation cd-r (probly not the best media?), but write speed on imgburn says auto. Are there any settings i should change? i have used imgburn with the free edition of convertxtodvd and the entire disc burns with the same avi file I am attempting to burn now, but will only play on pc and not on a standalone dvd player. i have also searched for firmware updates but couldn't find anything. so when i play the cd i most recently burned, it plays the first couple mins before stopping and looping back to the beginning (only on PC). and i know my imgburn is not up to date. not sure if that would affect the way it works with dvd flick. anything real obvious? thanks a lot.

Brandon

imgburn.txt

The CD option wouldn't convert an avi unless the input is something other than avi...some standalone players are capable of playing avi so converting for burning onto a DVD isn't necessary.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.