Problem with writing DVDs.

mattstan

Hi,

This may not be an ImgBurn problem, but I'm hoping you gurus can help even if it's not.

I've been using a Samsung SH-S203 SATA Dual Layer DVD Writer to write DVDs (Taiyo Yuden) with my 4 month old PC and never had any problems. I've used ImgBurn exclusively as the burning software.

In the last few days I've tried to burn 3 DVDs with ImgBurn, instead of writing at 8x it's been writing at 2x, even though 8x was set. Instead of taking about 8 mins it takes about 30 mins. There's no change of drive, speed settings, verify disk is off (as uaual), and the disks I use have not changed.

The only thing that may have caused this is that a few days ago I hit eject for the DVD drive when the door to the PC case was closed (that's a door that covers the whole front of the PC's case) - oops - through the air-flow gap in the side of the door I saw the DVD drive come out partially, hit the door, automatically retreat back, and then try again - the same thing happening before I got the door open. I don't see why this would now cause my burning problems; if a cable had come off or loose surely that would cause an inability or read and write - rather than just write slowly as is the case. Reading works as normal as far as I can tell.

Anyone got any ideas what I should do to resolve this problem?

Thanks.

PS. Win XP2 SP2 - no recent changes to OS.

Edited by mattstan

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.