Problems burning 2 layer dvd

gavin_

Hi there

It's my first attempt at burning a dvd today, and i've been having some trouble.

(First of all i was using cheap dvd+rs, so thanks for the advice on this forum to use verbatim ones, that worked a lot better!)

Here's the log of my burn attempt with verbatim discs (they are made in Singapore, btw):

I 16:59:55 ImgBurn Version 2.4.1.0 started!

I 16:59:55 Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium Edition (6.0, Build 6001 : Service Pack 1)

I 16:59:55 Total Physical Memory: 2,086,588 KB - Available: 1,125,964 KB

I 16:59:55 Initialising SPTI...

I 16:59:55 Searching for SCSI / ATAPI devices...

I 16:59:56 Found 1 DVD

If it won't work at 2.4x speed either, your best bet is to get an external drive.

You could also try contacting acer (or whoever) and asking for a firmware update for the drive.

Due to laptop drive having their laser exposed all the time, it might also have gotten dirty. You could try one of those wet and dry (2 brush) cleaning CD's on it.

hi

thanks for the reply.

i tried burning at 2.4x, and the burn was successful, however the verification failed (at 56% this time, so it'd got the layer boundary right).

i did notice that the write speed was actually going above 2.4x, and the discs i'm using are only rated up to 2.4x, so i wondered if this might be part of the problem?

i'll try one later on today at 2x or slower, just to make sure it never surpasses what the disc is supposed to support.

are laptop dvd burners just inherently no good?

are laptop dvd burners just inherently no good?

yes, i havent found a laptop writer that is any good yet . they all work for a short time then give up. as recomended a decent external writer is your best bet for long term use.

having looked about , the reports on that laptop drive are not brilliant

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.