Playback DL DVD

JN370

No trouble burning - IMGBurn works and I love it. The trouble is that none of my DVD+R Dl discs will play properly in any of my players - Toshiba laptop, PowerBook, XBox360, Sony DVD player, or a Phillips.

I've used SONY discs, burned at both max and 1x speeds and the discs load but when they begin to play I get a black screen w/ some chopped audio and then the image freezes w/ more audio, some video - mostly pixellated - with bad sound and so on and so forth.

Any ideas?

Thank you.

Haven't found the Verbatim disks yet. Still looking. Verified every burn. Tried a Memorex disk earlier with the same results as before. It loaded quicker though.

Thanks again. Still trying. Going to find Verbatim disks.

Thank you.

Side note - just tried playing the Memorex copy in my POwerBook and iDVD gave me the following error message: "Can not verify copy protection. can not play dvd."

Is it me, or am I makin' strides?

IF it matters, I'm copying LOST: Season 1 from ISO files of commercial discs. I'm a NetFlix addict.

Commercial discs usually are protected, so, depending on the program you've used to copy the original DVDs, the protection might not have been removed. Anyway, we can't talk about that here :pirate:

On your powerbook try VLC Media Player ;)

I love VLC but it won't play them either.

Edited by JN370

What you've described is usually associated with the player not liking cheap media or the player's laser "going south". But it can also be that the DVD has not be decrypted (just copying the files will not remove the decyption which scrambles data at a packet level and therefore exactly result in what you are experiencing and precisely what the studio intended).

As said before, we can't help with decrypting issues. Sorry.

Regards

ImgBurn is a burning tool only. If you need further info about ripping I would suggest Google as we do not discuss it on these pages. :thumbup:

Sorry for the confusion.

Edited by JN370

What you've described is usually associated with the player not liking cheap media or the player's laser "going south". But it can also be that the DVD has not be decrypted (just copying the files will not remove the decyption which scrambles data at a packet level and therefore exactly result in what you are experiencing and precisely what the studio intended).

As said before, we can't help with decrypting issues. Sorry.

Regards

Thank you. After the majority of this day, I have found that it IS a decryption problem afterall.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.