ImgBurn won't find my disk

VampyrePanda

I would of thought I could find the solution to this problem rather easily but I guess not.

So, I just downloaded a file that needs to get put on a disk so I don't lose it, because I will. However, the file is around 3 gigs so I couldn't use one of the old CD-R's lyin around the house as they were too small. So I looked around a little more and found a few DVD+RW's lying around. They definitely fit my space issue with 4.7 gigs of space.

I proceeded to put the disk into my drive, start up ImgBurn, but what do I see? When I try to select what kind of disk I wanna write this too, all I can choose from is a CD-R!

Please, how can I change this? >_<

:pirate: :pirate: :pirate: :pirate: :pirate: :pirate: :pirate: :pirate: :pirate: :pirate: :pirate: :pirate: :pirate: :pirate: :pirate: :pirate:

Well I'm looking at the Destination thing. It tells you what kind of disk your going to burn to apparently. I haven't done anything to ImgBurn yet. I just started it up and tried looking for the option where I could tell it to write to a CD+RW.

I did however just notice that on the bar on the bottom of it it says: Device Not Ready (Medium Not Present - Tray Closed)

I know what that means but I dunno, maybe it would help you? Hah, I don't know, but it just doesn't wanna accept my disk.

Nope, 'Destination' doesn't tell you anything about the type of disc in the drive, that info would show up in the info panel on the right. Yours will be practically empty at this point because your drive doesn't think there's a disc in it - that is what 'Device Not Ready (Medium Not Present - Tray Closed)' means.

Are you sure your drive supports burning to dvds?

Copy + paste everything from the log window so we can see what drives are in your machine. (If you've closed the log window you can open it again via the 'View' menu at the top)

I 12:46:58 ImgBurn Version 2.4.1.0 started!

I 12:46:58 Microsoft Windows XP Professional (5.1, Build 2600 : Service Pack 2)

I 12:46:58 Total Physical Memory: 1,048,048 KB - Available: 690,640 KB

I 12:46:58 Initialising SPTI...

I 12:46:58 Searching for SCSI / ATAPI devices...

I 12:46:58 Found 1 CD-RW and 1 DVD-ROM!

I had the DVD in when I started it. I guess it finds it, but it won't let me write to the disk anyways. And yes, I pretty darn sure I can burn stuff in this drive since I have before.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.