Img Burn asks to Update to New Version

mandyb

Every time I use DVD Flick to convert my avi files to dvd which then burn with Img Burn. Img Burn tells me there is a newer version available and asks if i want to go online to update. Problem is i am already running the updated version but it doesn't seem to recognise this. I have checked that I don't have an older version on my computer and don't know how to get rid of this problem. Thanks for your help. Mandy

DVD Flick has it's own version installed locally.

Just copy + paste the version from c:\program files\Imgburn into the dvd flick folder and overwrite the old one.

Thanks so much for your speedy answer, I wondered if it might have been something to do with dvd flick. :)

DVD Flick has it's own version installed locally.

Thats a bit of a piss poor way of doing it then ? . wouldnt it be better if it installed IB to its own directory on C: instead of within flicks directory for the very same reason mandyb just had

The DVD Flick support forums search function is also quite interesting...

The following words in your search query were ignored because they are too common words: imgburn.

:wacko:

While you can replace DVD Flick's copy of ImgBurn with a newer version, there is no guarantee that it will work correctly with DVD Flick. Each release of DVD Flick is tested and released with a specific version of ImgBurn. Also, DVD Flick installs its own customised version of the ImgBurn settings file "imgburn.ini" so that it is set up the way DVD Flick expects. And I think you would be asking too much of Exl (the overworked author of DVD Flick) and this forum to diagnose and help you if you run into an obscure problem while using a different version of ImgBurn. So in short, don't do it

Besides, hard drive space is cheap. What's a couple of extra MB when most PCs these days are heading towards 1TB of storage

Exl is aware of new releases of ImgBurn and will release a new version of DVD Flick with the new ImgBurn if he feels it adds significant features or fixes.

http://www.dvdflick.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=1206

Yes, once the DVD files have been built, you can run ImgBurn or any other DVD burning app to write the files to disc. The DVD files are found in the dvd subfolder of the project destination folder.

i think this goes against what they are saying about dvdflick using ImgBurn.

It strikes me that your better off using dvdflick to create the compliant files to the project destination folder ,then running a seperate install of IB ( from here)so at least your using the latest version ( which, for the benefit of the dvdflick author, has been updated and improved even if he thinks differantly

the new ImgBurn if he feels it adds significant features or fixes.

what version does it install/use ?

so mandyb must have been using an older version of flick then ?

i still think it would e better if flick could call IB from IB's own installation

I Should add that this is not a critism of the dvdflick authors work , just a suggestion :thumbup:

It might be better if DVD Flick would allow you to choose your burn engine in some sort of "path" interface such as the encoder selection of DVD Rebuilder or a drop down target menu like shrink.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.