Burning R+DL Failure Invalid Address For Write

larrym

I tried burning ISO files to a DVD R+ DL disk and it failed with the error, "Invalid Address For Write" according to the log. imgburn_problem.log Thought it might be a bad disk, so did it again with another disk--same result at the same point.

I should note that I kept shrinking the files so it would fit on the disk--authored, calculated in ImgBurn, DVD shrink, calculated, etc., until it fit--so it was tight. But ImgBurn said ok.

Any suggestions?

Larry

Your drive is probably not very good a burning that media.

You *might* have more luck with it at 4x rather than 'MAX'.

If possible, try looking for a firmware update for the drive on the website of whoever made your PC.

If all else fails (and I'd actually recommend you do this anyway), switch to some better DL discs. Verbatim 2.4x DVD+R DL (MKM-001-00 dye) are the ones to go for.

Your drive is probably not very good a burning that media.

You *might* have more luck with it at 4x rather than 'MAX'.

If possible, try looking for a firmware update for the drive on the website of whoever made your PC.

If all else fails (and I'd actually recommend you do this anyway), switch to some better DL discs. Verbatim 2.4x DVD+R DL (MKM-001-00 dye) are the ones to go for.

I tried finding a firmware update, no luck. I tried burning at 4x write speed, and almost exactly the same thing happened. Not to drag this out too far, but if I have 2 disks that fail all at about the same sector (see below), do you think this is a disk quality issue that will be solved by a Verbatim disk, or is it possibly an authoring or hardware issue?

first try: W 05:34:20 Failed to Write Sectors 4025440 - 4025471 - Reason: Write Error

second try: W 15:27:10 Failed to Write Sectors 4022464 - 4022495 - Reason: Write Error

Thanks for your help.

Larry

All the drive is saying is that it can't write to the disc.

The media might be fine in some drives, just not yours.

Likewise, other media might be fine in your drive, just not that one.

If you're going to change one of the variables, it's got to be the discs first as Verbatims are just better - full stop.

All the drive is saying is that it can't write to the disc.

The media might be fine in some drives, just not yours.

Likewise, other media might be fine in your drive, just not that one.

If you're going to change one of the variables, it's got to be the discs first as Verbatims are just better - full stop.

Thanks!

• 4 weeks later...

Not sure you'll see this since posted so late, but I wanted to thank-you. The Verbatim disks work like a charm. Haven't had an error since I started using them! I'm surprised the other disks were such crap.

Larry

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.