Help with CD text writing

Peccary

I can't get track titles to write to the CD. I've tried both by using tag info and filename. When I "View Image Information" the CD text appears as it should, but when I burn the CD the tracks are simply named "Track 01", etc.

Any suggestions? Thanks in advance.

Dave

Do you have a player that actually reads cd-text?

Media Player doesn't.

Oops, now I feel stupid. I tried Mediaplayer and Jetaudio and assumed they would show the track names like they do on a pre-recorded CD. When I play the burner CDs in a real CD deck the names are indeed there. I don't often play CDs on my computer so please forgive my ignorance. Is there no way to burn such that these types of software players will show track names?.

Thanks for your help.

The track names you see in media player are from it looking at all the track lengths and comparing them to a database online.

Obviously it won't find a proper match for any custom compilations you've done, and I'm not sure how much 'give' there is in the track times if a disc has been converted to mp3 format and then back again to proper CD Audio (CD-DA). Lossy conversions (of which MP3 is one) change the length of tracks ever so slightly.

Some of the more advanced (but still freeware) players will probably read cd-text. The only one I've actually seen in it myself is Nero ShowTime which comes as part of the Nero burning suite.

The track names you see in media player are from it looking at all the track lengths and comparing them to a database online.

Obviously it won't find a proper match for any custom compilations you've done, and I'm not sure how much 'give' there is in the track times if a disc has been converted to mp3 format and then back again to proper CD Audio (CD-DA). Lossy conversions (of which MP3 is one) change the length of tracks ever so slightly.

Some of the more advanced (but still freeware) players will probably read cd-text. The only one I've actually seen in it myself is Nero ShowTime which comes as part of the Nero burning suite.

That makes sense. Thanks.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.