Writing DVD-9 (data only) ISO for pressing plant?

jockel

Hi,

I did read the topic http://forum.imgburn.com/index.php?showtopic=1777 but I think,

preparing a DVD-9 data ISO may be different?

I need to write an DVD-9 ISO for pressing plant. The DVD includes data files only. It is an installation DVD for

geographical map files, maps and a setup application, no music or video files, 7.5GB overall in size, about 500 files,

max size of file about 50MB. Now I am uncertain about the exact settings to use:

Options/File System: ISO/Joliet/UDF/all of them? If UDF is included, what revision ?

Media: Dual Layer "DVD-9" right?

Advanced/Restrictions: what options to set for the selected file systems as far as they

should be in use here (see question above)

If this is different from preparing a VIDEO DVD-9, maybe one could add this to the

guides section!

Thank you for your help!

The 'Media' bit are really only for when you're burning a DVD Video disc so the program knows when to build and ISO for a DL disc, and how much space is available on each layer so it can sort out the layer break to be within the valid range for the target media.

If you burn direct to disc, you don't need to worry about that because the program gets the info from the disc in the drive.

As for Advanced / Restrictions, defaults are fine. Just change something if your project really needs it - like more than 8 directory levels or something.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.