Require larger "Source" buttons

KimslanD

I installed and ran ImgBurn 2.4.2.0

And was very impressed with the large selection button

But upon pressing the the large button (as an example: "write image file to disc")

I was presented with this tiny little picture to "browse for a file..."

I am trying to locate the simplest free burning software, that users will not contact me and say "now what?"

Is it possible to make all these "source" buttons and message areas large as well? I believe this would enhance the program dramatically.

It would also be nice to have another big button to "go back to main menu" or something.

Just innitial thoughts, on an excellent program

Note program using 16Meg in TaskManager to run (XpSP3) I'm also checking this against others too (even though I'm asking for extra stuff!)

Anyway, is this at all possible? (larger source viewing area and buttons)

If it were, then I could link to this program confidently (for users requiring a free, easy to use program)

Thanks,

Kim

Yes the gui part, as beautiful as that may be !

I believe the button, with my computer at 1024x768 is too small!

Source:

2d037a.gif

Explorer Button:

2hpslm1.gif

I hope that is clear for you guys

I have a feeling I might be asking the wrong people though. Is there an ImgBurn Support Forum that's a bit more professional? Or is this it?

Anyway, if I don't get a normal support response, I'll direct users to ISO Recorder for doing this (basically just require ISO burning, using a free program)

But I'm concerned if they ask for support at this point, they may get childish replies (ie look under this post in a day or so)

Anyway, that's my suggestion. Create a larger button. If that's beyond you guys, no probs, maybe I'll just edit it myself (is that allowed?)

Your reply...

Is there an ImgBurn Support Forum that's a bit more professional?

This is the forum as run by the author of Imgburn...I've seen a couple of your posts and don't get the repeated "professional" remarks. Risking a childish response I might suggest you leave the attitude at the door.

If the browse icon is too small and you don't wish to use it you can always drag and drop your folders/ISO's/files into the queue and there is also the drop zone that can be utilized.

as run by the author

Actually just that one line has caused me a world of issues on different support forums

I believe the generation of today has changed, that this statement now holds true in most private areas.

I'll take that as an excellent response to my frustration.

Point taken :whistling:

Edited by KimslanD

But I'm concerned if they ask for support at this point, they may get childish replies (ie look under this post in a day or so)

Note program using 16Meg in TaskManager to run (XpSP3) I'm also checking this against others too (even though I'm asking for extra stuff!)

------------------------------------------------

I hope that is clear for you guys

I have a feeling I might be asking the wrong people though. Is there an ImgBurn Support Forum that's a bit more professional? Or is this it?

Anyway, if I don't get a normal support response, I'll direct users to ISO Recorder for doing this (basically just require ISO burning, using a free program)

Anyway, that's my suggestion. Create a larger button. If that's beyond you guys, no probs, maybe I'll just edit it myself (is that allowed?)

Your reply...

The buttons are using the standard 16x16 icons (they're taken directly from explorer.exe).

If the buttons are too small for your users they can always go by the 'File' menu.

Failing that, just use another program with a n00b friendly wizard interface that holds the user's hand throughout the whole process.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.