How to create ISO image and burn???

Guest imgimgimg

Guest imgimgimg

First of all, I use DVD flick (version 1.2.2.1) to create an ISO image. I don't check ''Burn project to disc''. I use DVD+R DL with ATAPI DVD A DH20A4P. It starts and I wait.. it starts encoding and adding all those things i want. Near the end of completion when imgburn tells me it's adding Layer break position...(dvd flick tells me it's creating ISO at the same time) , it restarts my computer and yeah i thought it was done, after I went to imgburn (version 2.4.2.0) and browse for it, but nothing!!! Why? where do i look for ISO images when there done? and how do i even burn? what is a layer break position? please help me

go to WINDOZE START BUTTON > SEARCH and enter *.ISO this will find all ISO files on your system. make sure you search the whole PC and not just my documents or something.

guides section, theres a link in the PINK banner further up this page

Guest imgimgimg

nothing but im trying again to see if its successful.

i have this error whenever i wanna create an iso image.

A - not ready

C -

DriveType 2

FileSystem NTFS

AvailableSpace 15998

FreeSpace 15998

TotalSize 19462

D - not ready

E - not ready

F -

DriveType 1

FileSystem FAT

AvailableSpace 547

FreeSpace 547

TotalSize 1953

G -

DriveType 1

FileSystem FAT32

AvailableSpace 143

FreeSpace 143

TotalSize 249

H - CARIG'S IPO

DriveType 1

FileSystem FAT32

AvailableSpace 2002

FreeSpace 2002

TotalSize 28482

[/code]

it cant create an iso image..please help

That's not from ImgBurn so we can't help you based on that. Your computer restarting while building an ISO seems like it has a driver problem and/or bad RAM. Check if you have the latest drivers for your motherboard. Also try memtest86+ to test your RAM.

i dont know how flick works,as i dont sue it, but there must be a way in settings of telling it wether to burn it to disc, save as an ISO or save as dvd files .

check out the settings to see what and where its saving it to.

check your using the latest stable version of dvdflick as well and not a beta version

why it restarts your PC is a strange one in itself

Near the end of completion when imgburn tells me it's adding Layer break position...(dvd flick tells me it's creating ISO at the same time) , it restarts my computer

I'm thinking that the ISO is never created since your machine is shutting down prior to the completion of the project. DVD Flick forces you to choose a location of your output files, so unless you are just blindly clicking YES at all the prompts you should know where your saved files are going.

Guest imgimgimg

sorry i'm kinda new to computers but how do i check for the latest drivers for my motherboard and can i download them?

Guest imgimgimg

i got it to work now.

I 04:35:45 ImgBurn Version 2.4.2.0 started!

I 04:35:45 Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition (5.1, Build 2600 : Service Pack 2)

I 04:35:45 Total Physical Memory: 260,084 KB - Available: 99,868 KB

I 04:35:45 Initialising SPTI...

I 04:35:45 Searching for SCSI / ATAPI devices...

I 04:35:46 Found 1 DVD-ROM and 1 DVD

Guest imgimgimg

i dont even know if im selecting the right file. I go to imgburn and picked ''write image file to disc''.. then i browse for it. there are 3 files that come up from the folder where i downloaded the iso at, but i dont know which 1 i should pick. there all named ''dvd'' ..1st one is to audio, video ts......2nd is maybe the one.its called ''ISO'' with 5.62 gb...3rd is a MDS file..i of course pick the ISO file which is the 2nd...then imgburn popsup a screen telling me.....''You should have selected the MDS file and not this one. I'll do it for you automatically this time, but dont do it again'''............is that the correct 1? what should i pick!!

Guest imgimgimg

imgburn- version 2.4.2.0

dvd flick- 1.2.2.1

oh yeah, all my settings in imgburn..from read, write, verify and discovery are all set to 2.4 is this good?

i dont even know if im selecting the right file. I go to imgburn and picked ''write image file to disc''.. then i browse for it. there are 3 files that come up from the folder where i downloaded the iso at, but i dont know which 1 i should pick. there all named ''dvd'' ..1st one is to audio, video ts......2nd is maybe the one.its called ''ISO'' with 5.62 gb...3rd is a MDS file..i of course pick the ISO file which is the 2nd...then imgburn popsup a screen telling me.....''You should have selected the MDS file and not this one. I'll do it for you automatically this time, but dont do it again'''............is that the correct 1? what should i pick!!

Yes, #2 or #3 . if you get an .mds file, use that as it contains information about the .iso file anyway that your writer will make use of

Guest imgimgimg

ok it was downloaded and burned to dvd disc. when i inserted it to my dvd player, it was the wrong 1!!! seems like this wasn't the right one as it played a mexican film..gah

Guest imgimgimg

ok it was the show i wanted but i want to ask a few questions that maybe some day should be corrected...

what is a layer break position? is it really that important? during the show, it paused for like 1 1/2 seconds but all good so far..if i can't take it out then what do i do with the options ? if i can take it out, will my dvd be good?

during the show, the screen went full black for 20 seconds..it was so long that i have to embarassingly fastforward it...what can i do to correct this please!! help me.....

The layer break is when the reader drive has to switch reading from layer 0 to layer 1, and this usually takes less than a fifth of a second. When you build with ImgBurn you're shown the possible layer breaks found according to the content you want to burn: you should choose one where a small pause is less noticeable (fade-in/fade-out/scene change/etc).

The only way to not have a layer break is by using single-layer media, which also limits the amount of video/quality/data you can use. As for the screen going black, check your source video and/or the encoding settings, as this is not a problem that ImgBurn would create. It could also be related to poor quality media (Verbatim DVD+R DL 2.4x MKM-001-00 Made in Singapore blanks are the only ones that work as they should).

Guest imgimgimg

wow i didnt know you can choose! im currently creating another iso and good thing i know what to pick now..the one with the least unnoticeable pause..

i am using RITEK-D01-01 and so far so good.....where do i go to check my source video?...

also 1 thing to note, some of the dvds ive downloaded, the show isnt quite clear and sometimes it would be too big to fit on the screen.. i wanna correct this but i dont know how....how do i do it? i have this like over 25 inch tv /below 30 inches but i dont know if its normal 4.3 or widescreen 16.9..also does pan & scan display good to check? i hope this can be answered here...

my target format is NTSC

Guest imgimgimg

Ok i got the answer i needed in the dvd flick forum. I didn't want to create another thread so i think i'll just post all my problems here. new problem

i am currently burning 2 avi files of about 700 mb each. i then wanna create 2 iso image..is there anyway i can combine those 2 iso into 1 dvd+r dl? how??? or should i separate?

Guest imgimgimg

i didn't know you can combine them before importing to dvd flick.. i will give that a try first before i try the other one..hopefully it will be easy

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.