Disc not Finalising for DVD+R

Racer_XO

I am using ImgBurn to back video files and having issues using a DVD+R disc, but I am able to use a DVD+RW disc. This is the information from the log:

W 15:48:08 Potential 'WaitImmediateIO' Deferred Error - (99%, 0/3) - Program Memory Area Update Failure

W 15:48:08 Finalise Disc Failed! - Reason: Program Memory Area Update Failure

W 15:48:08 Retrying (1 of 3)...

I have rebooted my PC and still receive this error. I have more than 1.5GB for free memory. I tried different brands of DVD+R discs and still can not finalise.

; //****************************************\\

; ImgBurn Version 2.4.2.0 - Log

; \\****************************************//

I 15:35:24 ImgBurn Version 2.4.2.0 started!

I 15:35:24 Microsoft Windows XP Media Center Edition (5.1, Build 2600 : Service Pack 3)

I 15:35:24 Total Physical Memory: 2,095,276 KB - Available: 1,654,904 KB

I 15:35:24 Initialising SPTI...

I 15:35:24 Searching for SCSI / ATAPI devices...

I 15:35:26 Found 1 DVD

Edited by Racer_XO

I 15:35:37 Destination Device: [1:0:0] TSSTcorp CDDVDW SH-S203N SB01 (D:) (ATA)

I 15:35:37 Destination Media Type: DVD+R (Disc ID: SONY-D21-00) (Speeds: 4x, 6x, 8x, 12x, 16x)

I 15:35:37 Write Speed: 4x

Actually, the latest firmware available for your burner is SB02, which you can download here. Remove any disc from the drive and close the tray before applying the update. Reboot after it has finished.

Try burning at 8x or 12x on those discs and it might work. If it doesn't, get Verbatim or Taiyo Yuden media, as both manufacture high quality blanks. By the way, you should leave Verify enabled, as that ensures the disc was properly burnt :thumbup:

The video files burn correctly, ImgBurn will not finalise the disc (Only DVD+R, I can finalise a DVD+RW disc with the same files). I am able to view the disc on my PC, but not able to watch it on my DVD player. Thanks for the firmware update. I looked at Samsung USA and they only have SB01. I will update firmware and try again.

I downloaded the newer firmware for my DVD drive and now it has crashed and I am not able to get it to work. Help!!! The firmware update did not work. Help!!!

Edited by Racer_XO

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.