Write Error

Venom

ok so im trying to burn with imgburn ive been using it for years without a problem i ALWAYS use verbs but recently its giving me major problems it keeps failing ive went through 10VERBS like wtf?? CLONECD burns them fine but imgburn sucks big time its ever since i updated to the new version im pretty pissed because verbs are not cheap... so any help wpuld be good ive searched the forums and ppl have sim problems but they are using shit media but im using verbs!!! please help! same set up for a long time nothing has changed except imgburn...

I 21:34:56 ImgBurn Version 2.4.2.0 started!

I 21:34:56 Microsoft Windows XP Professional (5.1, Build 2600 : Service Pack 3)

I 21:34:56 Total Physical Memory: 523,276 KB - Available: 193,972 KB

I 21:34:56 Initialising SPTI...

I 21:34:56 Searching for SCSI / ATAPI devices...

I 21:35:36 Found 1 CD-RW and 1 DVD

Edited by Venom

have you tried cleaning the lense on the burner ?

Its a straight forward error with the disc not being recognised within the first few sectors of burning.

Are they Singapore discs or Indian ones ?

are they a new spindle/batch of discs ?

Both the above come to mind because the disc ID is MKM-001-00 , note the 00 on the end of mkm-001

nothing has changed except imgburn...
- what about sp3 though ?

i had tried that one aswell lighting tthen i tried the one it worked with before and still the same so idk? they are Singapore discs got them straight from SVP itself and i did update to sp3 so that could be the problem?! i got like 15 discs left but i dont want to waste anymore btw clonecd doesnt work anymore gets stuck at 50% and just sits there abit like what imgburn did when i got to 15% i dont have anything to clean the laser with think that could be the problem?

Edited by Venom

ok thought id try again while i wait for a new drive and i got this error

I 04:01:49 ImgBurn Version 2.4.2.0 started!

I 04:01:49 Microsoft Windows XP Professional (5.1, Build 2600 : Service Pack 3)

I 04:01:49 Total Physical Memory: 523,276 KB - Available: 107,004 KB

I 04:01:49 Initialising SPTI...

I 04:01:49 Searching for SCSI / ATAPI devices...

I 04:01:49 Found 1 CD-RW and 1 DVD

lol isn't your firmware going backwards when it should be going forwards?!

If v1.24 doesn't work, give up and hope that the new drive fixes the issue. If it does then it would appear the media was the problem all along.

btw, have you tried burning at one of the other available speeds? i.e. 2.4x, 6x or 8x

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.