Refine Command Line Usage

PCMNXXDA8215Z5FI

First things first i just have to say what a great program, it has made my life easier, but as always i think there are a few improvments that can be made.

I use ImgBurn primarily via the command line options, and i think it would be a good idea to disable options that have already been set, so there can be no confusion as to what will happen. An example of this is if a build is made to a device where testmode is set via command line options, the last selected value is shown on the first screen, and the user can try to change this. From tests i have performed the program uses the passed options but as i have said i think this could cause confusion.

This leads me onto my next suggestion. Would it not be a good idea to be able to put all the command options into a single file that is passed to the program as i believe there is a maximum length to the command line, which could cause problems if i try to set every option manually.

And one last suggestion which i would REALLY like to see, is to be able to set the program to use the first available disc writer with valid media.

Just a few thoughts but they would help me.

Lloyd

ImgBurn is a GUI app, CLI functionality is a bonus and goes on top of whatever the GUI is configured for (i.e. read in from the settings).

I really have no intention of ever changing that or disabling things, it's just not worth it.

If you're using CLI surely you should have enough of an idea of what you're doing to not get confused anyway?

The command line length limit is something like 32k characters (under an NT based OS when using Unicode). If you ever create a line that long I'd like to see it!

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.