Network Burns: Cache to HD before burn

DragonPhyre

This would end the one headache I have with IMGburn: I have to manually copy a DVD over to my local drive before burning at full speed.

I have Gigabit ethernet--it can't be the network, because I pull 25MB/s and I can't even burn at 8MB/s (6x) off of the network. It can't be the USB, because it works fine from the HD to the USB burner. So the conclusion is to cache the files to the local HD before you burn. And yes, I would be okay with it being an option I would have to manually go in and check.

I can burn @22x over my gigalan network.

However you should be aware that eg 2 computers , comp1 has the ISO comp2 is say upstairs and if you are saying you have a usb writer on that computer upstairs you will not be able to burn at max over gigalan to that usb writer as it does not like to receive data that way nor does mine on any of my computers (I can still get 12x to maybe 14x though). To a writer installed as sata or ide you should be able to burn at 22x over 10/100/1000 .

Building images etc can max out network when windoze has to deal with thousands of small files even hundreds

Check you network card properties to see if it is optimised for speed or CPU as well.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.