I/O Error

Fly3r

Hi!

I bought some Verbatim DVD-R 16x disks and tried to burn my Wii games on them. The first game that I burned worked great but after that, I always get the same Error for the other ISO games: Logical Block Address out of range.

I 19:50:49 ImgBurn Version 2.4.2.0 started!

I 19:50:49 Microsoft Windows XP Professional (5.1, Build 2600 : Service Pack 3)

I 19:50:49 Total Physical Memory: 523 808 KB - Available: 158 008 KB

I 19:50:49 Initialising SPTI...

I 19:50:49 Searching for SCSI / ATAPI devices...

I 19:50:49 Found 1 DVD

Your drive complained that it couldn't write to the disc.

W 20:26:58 Failed to Write Sectors 1606144 - 1606175 - Reason: Write Error

Try burning at a faster speed, your drive will probably do a better job and burn quality will actually increase.

8x or 12x should be fine.

Your drive complained that it couldn't write to the disc.

W 20:26:58 Failed to Write Sectors 1606144 - 1606175 - Reason: Write Error

Try burning at a faster speed, your drive will probably do a better job and burn quality will actually increase.

8x or 12x should be fine.

Hi! So if I increase the speed, could it work then? Because the write speed on Wii games should be on 4x..

//Fly3r

Hi!

I tried 8x this time but it stoped almost on the same place as the other files. But this time it said "Time out on logical unit".

One more thing, could lens cleaning probably fix this or do i need to get a new driver?

// Fly3r

You'd have to open your burner to see the lens, so it's much easier to clean them with some lens cleaner disc kit. Timeout on Logical Unit means the drive didn't answer the program's command and, if it was during read/verify, it's Samsung burners' way of saying that it couldn't read the disc.

You'd have to open your burner to see the lens, so it's much easier to clean them with some lens cleaner disc kit. Timeout on Logical Unit means the drive didn't answer the program's command and, if it was during read/verify, it's Samsung burners' way of saying that it couldn't read the disc.

I was trying to write my ISO game to the disc, so there's no other way then cancel because It wont work?

// Fly3r

Edited by Fly3r

The burn process relies on 3 things: burner, firmware and media. You're using high quality media (Verbatim) and the latest firmware available for your burner. So now we're trying to find out if something is wrong with the burner, and dirty lens is one possibility.

The burn process relies on 3 things: burner, firmware and media. You're using high quality media (Verbatim) and the latest firmware available for your burner. So now we're trying to find out if something is wrong with the burner, and dirty lens is one possibility.

Ok. I'll try to do a lens clean and see what happens, thanks for all the help.

// Fly3r

Hey!

I cleaned the lens with a lens cleaner disc and tired again with 4x and i got the "Time out on logical unit" problem again when trying to write a game to a DVD-R disc. I dont know what makes this problem happen, the problem started when i bought some other Verbatim disc then the old verbatim disc that worked great. Really needs help!

//Fly3r

Have you tried the DVD+R Verbs? I prefer those to their DVD-R.

Nope I haven't because Wii games gives better result on DVD-R discs. I have another computer with a dvd-burner but i dont dare to test on that computer if its the discs. Any other clue why it wont work, because it worked perfectly before.

//Fly3r

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.