Help setting booktype

offthewall

I'm trying to set the booktype to DVD-ROM so my double layer media will function correctly for what I am trying to use it for. I looked through the booktype settings but according to this Website my manufacturer is ASUS and it's not listed in IMGBurn. My Pioneer drive also isn't listed in there, but am I supposed to be looking at the chipset instead? Here is my Pioneer drive, and the chipset is NEC..is that the one I want to select? Any help will be greatly appreciated, thanks.

Thanks for the reply, my Verbatim media however is a DL DVD-R..I hope this doesn't affect the booktyping. I just went ahead and burnt the game with my Pioneer drive, I didn't upgrade my firmware though so hopefully that doesn't screw me over. I'll let you guys know if I had any trouble with the burn when I test it tomorrow.

Edit: Okay, it burnt the game but now its just hanging at "Synchronising Cache". It's been like this for at least 10 minutes, I don't think it's going to eject and this is my last DL Disc. If I turned off my PC so I could eject the disc, do you thing the game would be fine? This is really lame how my luck turned out like this.

Edit again: I verified the disc image with the burnt copy and the md5 matched, so everything should be good. Thanks for the help.

Edited by offthewall

It didn't work with the DVD-R DL, so I bought some Verbatim DVD+R DL's. I haven't burnt it yet, but since both of my drives will automatically set the booktype to DVD-ROM, I'll burn it using the ASUS drive since it is newer. Hopefully it will work this time.

I burnt it to the new media two times and it still isn't working, I think it's not reading the second layer. When I put it in my computer I can see that it is saying the disc is only 3.97GB, could it be writing the second layer incorrectly? Should I try burning it again?

I 16:26:55 ImgBurn Version 2.4.2.0 started!

I 16:26:56 Microsoft Windows Vista Ultimate Edition (6.0, Build 6000)

I 16:26:56 Total Physical Memory: 2,095,296 KB - Available: 1,434,700 KB

I 16:26:56 Initialising SPTI...

I 16:26:56 Searching for SCSI / ATAPI devices...

I 16:26:56 Found 1 DVD-ROM, 1 DVD

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.