ImgBurn randomly freezes...

jthomas5150

Hi,

I have been using ImgBurn for years. I have recently ran into a problem. The disc being burned will drop to a burn rate of 0, and it will sit for hours like this. Both buffers remain full (Capture.jpg). Sometimes it burns to 100%, other times it just stops burning. When it does stop, if I try to cancel the burn and start again, I am unable to as it remains running in the background (Capture2.jpg). I have screenshots and the log. What do you all need to help me troubleshoot? Thanks! The log is also attached...

-Jason

post-1245-1226303214_thumb.jpg

post-1245-1226303222_thumb.jpg

ImgBurn.log

Edited by jthomas5150

So you can't cancel the operation and if you terminate the process it doesn't actually go anywhere?

That's basically what happens when I/O gets stuck - it's out of ImgBurn's control.

Have you done any driver updates since it last worked ok?

Have you installed any software that could have added extra (filter) drivers that might not be playing nicely?

Which controller is your drive connected to? What 'mode' is it running in? (i.e. ATA, AHCI, RAID)

The SATA ports are set to RAID, as I have a two hard disks striped (RAID 0).

I have recently installed Acronis True Image 2009. I know I had issues with the first build of True Image, as it caused my smart card reader to go to "yellow icon" status in the device manager. The second build seemed to correct this. I will uninstall True Image and see if the problem persists.

I swear, random issues like this really makes me want to go back to Windows XP over Vista...

Edited by jthomas5150

Optical drives don't really like anything other than 'ATA' mode.

If you can't use it (which obviously you can't), make sure you've got the latest Intel Matrix drivers installed (assuming you have an Intel board!) and that your drive's firmware / motherboard's BIOS is up-to-date.

Hi!

I'm having the same problem here and i'm trying to find the cause: sometimes, when I try to burn a DL DVD image with IMGBurn, the speed drops to 0 and the

process hangs (it also happens to normal dvd-s but not as often). The writer is still flashing green as if it were writing but I don't think that's happening. When this occurs I have to restart the system because the abort takes to long and the shutdown command is ignored. Any ideas why this happens? Is it a software problem or a hardware problem? I use verbatim dvd's for DL and burn with a sony dw-g120a drive. Is the drive faulty? Do I need to change it? After a restart the next write goes fine (I never had 2 bad jobs one after another). I haven't done any drive updates before this started to happen. Please help :( I don't want to screw up any more DL's

Many thanks,

inio

Do all the things I mentioned to the original poster.

Oh and you should really create your own topic if you have a problem. It's unfair to hijack someone elses when you're asking for help rather than just saying something like 'I did this and this and this and it worked!'.

• 2 weeks later...

Acronis True Image 2009 was NOT the issue. The problem came back...

I think I found the problem. I uninstalled an older copy of AnyDVD. Once I did this, I have had no issue in over a week. Could that program have caused the issue??

Edited by jthomas5150

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.