Not a Suggestion / Just a Wish

SSnow

I'm sure someone has whined about this before. I'm whining about it, too.

I "ported" myself from Windows to Linux recently. The only thing I miss is ImgBurn. I've been using PCs since Apple I (yes, the wooden one) and CP/M. ImgBurn is one of a handful of utilities of its quality that stands out in my memory. I certainly wish I could make use of it under Ubuntu. Brasero and K3B are not exactly ringing my chimes (or burning discs very well, for that matter).

I never thought I would even need to bother with WINE. I certainly hadn't thought about it for handling a function so intimately involved with hardware control.

I'm going to give this a shot. Many thanks for the information!

And many thanks to LIGHTNING UK! for having written this software and the howto linked by cornholio7. I've contributed before when I was using ImgBurn under Windows. It looks like I owe again for Linux.

Mercy! That was easy, even easier than the howto.

In Hardy Heron all you have to do is install wine from the repository. (I do have backports enabled, but didn't even bother to check which repository the download came from.) After that it's a double-click on the downloaded ImgBurn installer.

I'm going to let the Ubuntu community (and others) know that the best Linux burner was written for Windows. I've tested the crap out of it this afternoon, and it just works -- just like it does in Windows.

What a relief! I was getting pretty tired of fiddling around with the burners available from the repositories.

Thank you for the donation :)

This is one of my favorite pieces of software of all time.

I think it's hilarious that burning software written for Windows works better running under wine in Linux on both of my systems than the native Linux burners do.

I'm making a note for wife (Windows user) and self (Ubuntu) to send a donation every year. It's the very least we can do.

Many thanks again for this software.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.