Trouble trying to copy blu-ray media

cockaleekieman

Hi, Having trouble copying a double layer(50gb) blu-ray disc, it shows it will take aprox 3hrs all seems to be fine then i check about an 1hr later and it shows 7hrs then 14hrs then 6hrs and so on. Different times rolling over. But when i use a blu-ray single layer(25gb) it reads and writes with no problem.I would be over the moon if someone has a soloution to this problem. Thanks in advance. Regards the cocky one. PS the problem is most blu-ray movies tend to be 43gb or more.

Edited by cockaleekieman

Sounds like a problem with your drive / media.

My drive is the external LG BE06LUI0 HL-DT-STBD-RE which is quite new, and i was useing a Panasonic BD-RE rewritable 50gb 1-2x speed which is recommended for this this drive. I tried do the same operation with Cyberlink and it worked ok. Can't figure out why imgburn can copy a 25gb bd original but not a 50 gb original. Thanks for your help.

You need to provide more info then, like a copy of the log for starters.

Hi,I just tried to copy "Ghost Rider" which is a dl blu-ray (42gb) and bingo success, i made two changes i enabled BD-RE fastwrite and disabled Anydvd HD before i put the blank Panasonic 50gb BD-RE in the drive and it seems to have done the trick. I've attached the log file anyway in case you want to check it out.Thanks for your help on this issue.

ImgBurn.log

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.