Won't even try finalizing!!!

l_franklin20

I set everything like the Layer break and select the dvd file and then burn the disc and when it comes to finalizing it sits at 0% and doesn't move I played the waiting game once and it sat there for 4 hrs.... I definitely decided it wasn't going anywhere after that. I don't get an error message or anything! If someone has any ideas please let me know this is very frustrating!!!

I am using a Mad Dog Multimedia MegaSTOR 18x Triple Format---TSST corp SH-S182D.

It does support DVD+R DL Discs.

I am burning at x2.

I have Memorex DVD+R DL Discs I know Verbatim are better but I don't want a bunch of wasted expensive discs and I saw on other threads that these do work.

I didn't change the book type cause I wasn't sure which one to use and/or if that matters at all.

Edited by l_franklin20

Hi and welcome to the forum, l_franklin20! :)

In those other threads, did they use the same writer as you have?

Latest firmware applied?

No they weren't using the same writer and i'm not sure if I have the latest firmware...where do I find the firmware updates for my writer?

It does make me chuckle when people get all irate after they've skimped on buying decent media and end up with discs that don't work - which they then blame on the software, something that has no control at all over the burn quality.

I was just told how to do it and so I went and bought some Dual Layer Discs...I didn't know that I was going to have to have a certain kind at the time.

It does make me chuckle when people get all irate after they've skimped on buying decent media and end up with discs that don't work - which they then blame on the software, something that has no control at all over the burn quality.

O guess what! Updating the firmware did the trick! I have already burnt 5 working games with my "Less than decent media" lol

Thank you Cynthia and mmalves!!!

• 5 weeks later...
Well, I'll leave this here for when you come back for help when your DVDs stop burning again ;)

http://forum.imgburn.com/index.php?showtopic=8000

Everything is still working fine on every burn with my Memorex DVD's!!! Coming close to 50 games so I guess it doesn't matter all that much as long as you find the right discs that work in conjunction with your burner and 360! I don't think I'll be needing that post...thanks anyways for all your help!!!

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.