Unable to erase bd-re 50gb with full erase

cockaleekieman

Hi, When using the full erase function on imgburn with a Panasonic 50gb bd-re it goes through the motions but sticks at 0%. I do get the alert saying this will take a very long time but i've left it aprox 30 mins and its still on 0% and i'm thinking surely it would be at least 1% by now even if it is gonna take a long time,the quick erase works fine,but how come it starts at 90%. Also when i give up on the full erase i have to restart the pc to close the full erase operation and the disconnect the drive from the mains and then reconnect to eject the disc,i'm not sure if this is damageing the disc. My drive is the LG BE06LU10 with the latest firmware. I tried using Cyberlink Power2Go which came bundled with the drive and that will not quick erase or full erase.Thanks in advance for any help with this issue.

If the drive doesn't like the media then there isn't much you can do.

You'll have to wait for the next firmware update and hope that it fixes the problem.

Thanks for your reply,but the Panasonic bd-re 50gb i'm useing is the recommended media to use with my drive.How come quick erase works but full erase does'nt?

You'll have to wait for the next firmware update and hope that it fixes the problem.

Thanks for your reply,but the Panasonic bd-re 50gb i'm useing is the recommended media to use with my drive.How come quick erase works but full erase does'nt?

Who recommended them ?

No idea, full erase is a 2 part process. The first is 100% the drive (i.e. you send it 1 command and it does its thing), the 2nd is just imgburn writing zeroes to all the sectors on the disc.

Quick erase just zero fills the first 800.

You've nothing to gain by performing a full format twice unless you're going between having spare areas enabled / disabled.

You might aswell just use discovery mode to zerofill all the sectors.

Who recommended them ?

The LG BE06LU1O external blu-ray disc rewriter owner's manual recommends them, this is the recommended bd-re media list to use with this drive, Mitsubishi Kagaku Media,Maxell,Sony,Panasonic. I've also used a recommended Sony bd-re 50gb but still the same problem.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.