Imgburn won't burn properly anymore

zwooky

I've been using Imgburn for many months with no problem up to now.

When I try to burn an image it seems to burn, then it gets hung up when verifying.

I have a HP laptop and sony external burner that has worked many times before.

I use a couple different types of media (Sony DVD-R, Maxell DVD-RW, Sony CD-R, Maxell CD-R, & Verbatim DVD-R DL) and all have worked in the past.

I can burn CD-R's in iTunes w/ no problem but when I try to burn and DVD images I get a problem. I haven't made any hardware or software changes recently.

Here's my Imgburn log:

I 13:43:41 ImgBurn Version 2.4.1.0 started!

I 13:43:41 Microsoft Windows Vista Ultimate Edition (6.0, Build 6001 : Service Pack 1)

I 13:43:41 Total Physical Memory: 2,094,336 KB - Available: 946,500 KB

I 13:43:41 Initialising ElbyCDIO...

I 13:43:41 ELBYCDIO.DLL - Elaborate Bytes CDRTools - ElbyCDIO DLL - Version 6.0.6.5

I 13:43:41 Searching for SCSI / ATAPI devices...

I 13:43:45 Found 1 DVD

What about the title of thread? zwooky, it shoud be "My drive can't burn these cheap blanks any more" with the sub-title, "I haven't searched to find out what good discs to buy".

Regards

And you think you know better than the person who wrote ImgBurn? <_<

You aren't using the latest version of the program, you've messed with the program's settings when there was no need to do so, and still think it couldn't possibly ever be a media problem when your burner told you there was a Write Error?

And you think you know better than the person who wrote ImgBurn? <_<

You aren't using the latest version of the program, you've messed with the program's settings when there was no need to do so, and still think it couldn't possibly ever be a media problem when your burner told you there was a Write Error?

But it is ALMOST xmas :thumbup:

I figured the media wasn't the problem since I've had countless successful burns before. In any case, thanks for the help and for being so nice. Maybe when people don't really know how to troubleshoot they always blame the discs.

You figured wrong. Now take some advice or don't bother posting if you know it all already.

@volvo - What's XMAS got to do with it (Tina Turner)?

Regards

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.