Just another IO issue..

Kitizhi

Hey guys, new to this forum and I been having this issue with not only ImgBurn but other software as well (DVD Decrypter).

I am attempting to backup some media on a Memorex DVD+R DL discs however I keep getting this IO error and I've tried many things that were suggested such as unchecking the "Perform OPC Before Write" option and I have gone no where other then a lot of useless discs. Now the discs should be good because I have had success burning on my macbook withImbBurn in Windows, so the disc themselves should be fine. So I am stumped, can anyone help me out here?

Popup:

post-15728-1229221854_thumb.jpg

Log:

I 18:51:42 ImgBurn Version 2.4.2.0 started!

I 18:51:42 Microsoft Windows Vista Business Edition (6.0, Build 6001 : Service Pack 1)

I 18:51:42 Total Physical Memory: 2,094,924 KB - Available: 1,063,116 KB

I 18:51:42 Initialising SPTI...

I 18:51:42 Searching for SCSI / ATAPI devices...

I 18:51:43 Found 2 DVD-ROMs and 1 DVD

Yeah I saw that but like I said its not really the discs themselves cause they have worked on my laptop burner and my friend's computer as well so it cant be the discs.

I have the latest original firmware but I havent really looked hard into the firmware issue. I am gonna try to do that as my next step.

good luck with your hit and miss discs

The whole disc thing doesnt make sense if it works perfectly fine and consistently with any other drive other then this current Benq.

People like promoting for Verbatim discs for some reason when it isnt even the disc issue. I have Verbatim discs however I havent tried those yet with this burner but I would assume

the same issue will still happen.

People like promoting for Verbatim discs for some reason when it isnt even the disc issue.

I would assume the same issue will still happen.

Oh my...Oh my...Oh my... :punish:

You came here to us for advice and now you do not want to take it because you don't think it's right??? :frustrated:

Crappy media is our biggest problem here, followed by firmware and then a myriad of other things that make can your burning experience a pain in the ass sometimes. Follow the guidance you get here or keep screwing up...your choice :blink:

People like promoting for Verbatim discs for some reason

hmm... yeah , because they work all the time, we aren't sponsored by verbatim.

we buy our own discs and we know from burning countless discs in discovery mode (ie burning to ALL sectors of the disc) during beta testing, that the only reliable dual layer discs are verbatim MKM-001 MIS .(check the media tests if you don't believe me http://forum.imgburn.com/index.php?showforum=15 )

you obviously know better so good luck with that ;)

People like promoting for Verbatim discs for some reason when it isnt even the disc issue.

I would assume the same issue will still happen.

Oh my...Oh my...Oh my... :punish:

You came here to us for advice and now you do not want to take it because you don't think it's right??? :frustrated:

Crappy media is our biggest problem here, followed by firmware and then a myriad of other things that make can your burning experience a pain in the ass sometimes. Follow the guidance you get here or keep screwing up...your choice :blink:

I am not trying to really pick on anyone..sorry if I am coming off that way. It just doesnt make sense to me how a disc can work for my other drives perfectly fine but not for this one. It makes more sense to me that the drive itself is at fault. I will try some Verbatim discs and see what happens. If it does seem to work then I guess perhaps my drive would seem to be picky I guess.

• 3 weeks later...

Okay I bought a new LG external burner to test this theory out.

I tried burning the iso on my original computer and the same IO error comes up.

However I took the same iso put it on another computer using the same external hard drive on that system and its work COMPLETELY FINE!

So I am seriously stumped..anyone know any possible reasons?

If you finally managed to get one to create correctly, then you found the combination that works, albeit for a while, on the configuration you now have. Using the same media that failed and getting a good burn occasionally is not a celebratory happening. ...it's just setting you up for the disappointment that comes when you pop in the next poor quality disc. We test thousands of discs here, more than the usual user will burn in their lifetime, and only recommend the best solutuion.

However I took the same iso put it on another computer using the same external hard drive on that system and its work COMPLETELY FINE!

So nothing to do with a differant operating system or components or set up of the other machine then ? bet the other was on win XP :thumbup:

unless its like for like, your comparison between 2 machines means very little

post the successful log file from the other computer

not ALL discs work on ALL drives !

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.