Haven't tried different media but... just seeing what THIS means.

brocski

So I've updated the firmware to SB02 on my DVD drive and I'm using Dynex MCC-004-00 discs to try and burn onto.

I'm suspecting that a different DVD+R will solve my problem but I wanted to see if there were any other possible solutions before I head out and get better media.

Thanks All!

Happy Holidays!

I 06:30:06 ImgBurn Version 2.4.2.0 started!

I 06:30:06 Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium Edition (6.0, Build 6001 : Service Pack 1)

I 06:30:06 Total Physical Memory: 3,144,272 KB - Available: 1,935,348 KB

I 06:30:06 Initialising SPTI...

I 06:30:06 Searching for SCSI / ATAPI devices...

I 06:30:16 Found 1 DVD

Might be that the SATA writer doesn't like to be attached to your motherboard. What brand/model of mother board do you have?

Latest chip set drivers for the mother board installed?

hmm... ASUS sound like it could be correct? It's an HP m9040n desktop and I just put the Samsung drive in it the other day as the OEM one was bunk.

and to update with the SOLUTION:

Verbatim DVD-R 4.7GB did the trick. Picked up a 100 pack for wicked cheap and its smooth sailing. Although the solution wasn't really pointed out here the forums answered perfectly.

THANKS GUYS AND GALS!

W 06:30:59 Failed to Write Sectors 14112 - 14143 - Reason: The request could not be performed because of an I/O device error.

W 06:30:59 Retrying (1 of 20)...

W 06:30:59 Retry Failed - Reason: Logical Unit Communication Parity Error

I'm not so sure those errors are anything to do with media.

Verbatim DVD+R media (i.e. the MCC-004-00 dye you're using - assuming it's not fake!) is typically better than their DVD-R discs.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.