burning problems with Plextor and Tayo Yuden

Steven

Was the disc still spinning when that happened? Was the light blinking? What controller/chipset is the drive connected to? You can use device manager to check that.

Yes the disc is spinning but the burnspeed is going slower to zero in 4-5 seconds. The chipset is Intel P35, ICH9 on Asus P5K motherboard. This is what you mean ? Further, I use the IDE connector on the motherboard and have the onboard Jmicron eSATA/PATA controller enabled and use the .IDE setting

Steven

Edited by Steven

I have updated the drivers, but no success. I have replaced the Premium to a Plextor PX 800A on the same controller (JMicro) and it works.

I didn't understand it, but after a look on the word JMcron at Google learns me that it was an controller with many problems (in combination with my motherboard Asus P5K)

Otherwise, should there be a solution ?

Steven

A motherboard bios update will update the bios on the jmicron card, that might fix something.

I have the latest bios update Didn.t help

Failing that, if the jmicron drivers from here ( ftp://driver.jmicron.com.tw/jmb36x/Win2k_xp_Vista/ ) don't fix it, buy yourself a silicon image chipset based pci card and put the drive on that.

[b]When you will use the Plextor tools, the Premium must use the IDE connector directly, it will not work with a card. I have tried that in the past, but it didn't work.

I think there is no solution :unsure: , other than buy another motherboard. Can you give a suggestion ?

[/b]

Steven

Yeah but you've just said it's on a jmicron controller...so that's already a 3rd party card.

You won't get an intel board with a proper ide port anymore so you're out of luck.

Maybe an sata -> ide converter block would do the trick and then just hook it up to an sata port on the ich9r controller.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.