Cannot burn image

Zodiark12

Hi there.

I just downloaded Imgburn 2.4.2.0 and tried to burn a Xbox360 game. I've tried a few game, but I've tried The Last Remnant first. I start Imgburn, selecgt Write Mode and browse my laptop to get the .DVD file for the game. It's in the same folder as the .ISO file. I select the write speed at 2.4x and uncheck Verify.

I launch the burning and it just won't burn anything. My drive doing some weird looking sound just like if he didn't was able to spin the disk.

I'm using TDK DVD +R DL 8.5g as the media. My drive is a DVD +RW DL burner. Also, I can't cancel the action, the software won't close itself, it will stay stuck, keeping spining my drive, I need to reset my laptop to get it to stop. I'm also not able to end the process.

Here is the Imgburn log :

I 21:01:21 ImgBurn Version 2.4.2.0 started!

I 21:01:21 Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium Edition (6.0, Build 6000)

I 21:01:21 Total Physical Memory: 2 029 568 KB - Available: 1 376 780 KB

I 21:01:21 Initialising SPTI...

I 21:01:21 Searching for SCSI / ATAPI devices...

I 21:01:27 Found 1 DVD-ROM and 1 DVD

I too have same issue with same media on my Lite-ON iHAS120-4. After I disabled all four "nice" features of Lite-ON drive and set media speed to 6x, I was able to burn those DLs without problem, write completed, verify OK. My Sony DL also has similar issue, speed down to 0.1 in random position. I don't know whether it is caused by Lite-ON's Smart-BURN, Hyper Threading or due to the mis-communication between ImgBurn and Lite-ON drives. My Lite-ON has 7L0E firmware. ImgBurn used to recognize Smart-BURN. But for unknown reason, it didn't recognize this unit as a Lite-ON.

Edited by p200002

LiteOn changed the identifier format on their newer drives. It used to say 'LITEON', now it just says 'ATAPI'.

This has been sorted for the next release of ImgBurn - but it's no big deal because you can do it manually so it then knows it's a LiteOn drive and will auto booktype/show advanced settings like it used to.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.