Invalid address for write on BD-R 50G

saphire199

I seem to be having trouble burning a BD DL disc. Disc is TDK BD-R DL 50gb. I have BuffaloTech Mediastation external BD Combo. I have not had any trouble burning 25 gb discs with ImgBurn on any media. First time I tried 50 gb. I have attached the error messages I got as well as the log. Is there some tweak I am missing? Also, I searched the forum, did not see any topics covering this altho some are similar, so I posted this. If there is something covering this exactly, please let me know. Thanks.

saphire199

ISOerror.bmp

post-16108-1230837123_thumb.jpg

post-16108-1230837135_thumb.jpg

post-16108-1230837146_thumb.jpg

Hi, thanks for the reply. I searched the links, none of the remedies I could find were of any use, so decided to try something else. I was using XP, so decided to switch to Vista, ran IsoBurn again and came up with the following errors. Could this be being caused by something else?

saphire199

post-16108-1230866956_thumb.jpg

post-16108-1230866986_thumb.jpg

IsoBurn? :P

Look at BuffaloTech's website for an updated firmware for your burner, as the firmware from the real manufacturer is in the xx05 revision already (yours is XJ03).

LOL. oops. Wasn't trying to re-name the product, just a mental lapse. Can you tell me where you got the data for the firmware update? My model is BRHC-5316-U2. I went to the site and could not find anything for firmware updates for this.

saphire199

HL-DT-ST drives are made by LG, and the latest firmware offered by LG for that model is XL05, as you can see for yourself at http://au.lgservice.com/ (Device Driver -> DVD-ROM(Writer)). BuffaloTech just rebadges the drive and uses its own firmware that's based on the original made by LG. You'll have to wait for them to release XJ05 for your drive, since that might help with your problem.

HL-DT-ST drives are made by LG, and the latest firmware offered by LG for that model is XL05, as you can see for yourself at http://au.lgservice.com/ (Device Driver -> DVD-ROM(Writer)). BuffaloTech just rebadges the drive and uses its own firmware that's based on the original made by LG. You'll have to wait for them to release XJ05 for your drive, since that might help with your problem.

Thanks for that. Yeah, I contacted Buffalo and they said no firmware updates, nor do they plan on any! Great, huh? OK, I guess I gotta keep working on this.

saphire199

You might get better success with Verbatim BD discs.

:)

Well, here's the funny thing - I have used Ridata discs (25gb) for smaller movies. This was before I knew there could be such a difference in media. I had no problem with recording or playback using those discs, and they are supposed to be kind of the bottom of the barrel. Anyway, I'm gonna take Lightnings advice as well as yours and do the following:

1. contact cd freaks about the firmware flash

2. Contact TDK about their product (they have a tech support line)

3. buy a verbatim disc and see if any change.

I also tried to burn with nero, this is the software that came with the BD drive, sent them a log, we'll see. I just like ImgBurn better, i use it all the time with DVD's - and in fact on the smaller blu-ray movies, it works great as the burner after making an iso of the BDMV folder.

Anyway, thanks for the help and I will keep moving forward with this.

saphire199

Hi, back again. I finally found a firmware upgrade for my drive at this link:

http://buffalo.jp/download/driver/hd/brhc-6316_fw.html.

So that seems to be working better. Now the only problem that occurs is ImgBurn hangs on "Reserving Track". Won't go anywhere after that. I don't have a log to attach, cuz no log could be found, or I am looking in wrong place. I tried several different discs and all do the same. Any ideas on this?

• 7 months later...

Looks like this thread has been silent for a while...

Anyone find a solution to this one? I'm getting the same thing (Hang on "Reserving Track") with the following combination:

LG GGW-H20L (Firmware YL05)

TDKBLD-RFB-00 (dual layer BD-R)

ImgBurn 2.5.0.0

Any help appreciated...

Cheers.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.