UI hangs in v.2.4.2.0 with large file

dpsims

Hi,

When burning a 3.7 Gb file (tar.gz) to a DVD using version 2.4.2.0 of Img Burn on Win2K with 2Gb

of memory and a DVDRW 18X18X12X DVD reader/writer, everything runs normally until 31% of the

file is written. At that point, the UI seems to hang and become non-responsive although the DVD

burner continues to burn.... The resulting DVD seems to be readable although it is not verified by

Img Burn due to the UI hang.... The only way to get the drawer to open is to reboot the computer

as any attempt to kill Img Burn results in a 'waiting on thread' message or 'I heard you the first time, be patient'....

Any clues?

Dave

If ImgBurn had hung you wouldn't see those messages. Sounds like Windows' I/O is getting stuck for some reason. Make sure you have the latest drivers available for your chipset and the latest firmware available for your burner.

Exactly which thread did it say it was waiting for?

A flashing light on the drive doesn't mean it's burning. If the drive was still accepting I/O then you'd see the ImgBurn GUI updating itself. If a thread won't terminate then it means some API function has got stuck...and that's out of my hands. ImgBurn cannot abort nicely if it's not in control in the first place. As soon as the OS returns control to ImgBurn, it'll process your request to abort/quit.

ImgBurn locks the tray so you can't eject the disc. If the drive responds to I/O (which I doubt it does), just load ImgBurn again and hit the eject button. It'll unlock the tray and eject it.

Ok... Further to my last post, the UI hangs at exactly the same location everytime

I try to brun this file to a DVD.... at around 31% complete.... The disk light continues

to blink as does the DVD burner light..... I am using an Aopen DVD burner with the

latest firmware and have downloaded and installed the latest chipset support from

the motherboard vendor (it has a VIA chipset)....

After everything stops blinking, you can try to exit the UI (even using task manager

to kill the running process) and it says "Waiting on Device Buffer thread".... The only

way to exit the UI is to reboot with the power button (I didn't try killing any processes

but they all show 0% cpu utilization).... Seems like something is getting stepped on in

memory perhaps?

Dave

the UI hangs at exactly the same location everytime

The only way to get the drawer to open is to reboot the computer

as any attempt to kill Img Burn results in a 'waiting on thread' message or 'I heard you the first time, be patient'....

I have the same problem, ImgBurn got stucked at 83% three times

(I've only used it 5 times, because I don't want to throw away more DVDs)

writing diferent ISOs (all above 4 GB).

ImgBurn says "writing sectors" but the writing rate is 0.

I'm using a Acer Aspire laptop (plugged in) with Vista Home Premium, 3GB of RAM and a "PIONEER DVD-RW DVRTD08RS ATA Device".

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.