Burning Features Clarification

rgomes

Hi everyone! Just needed a couple of pieces of clarification on this neat program.

#1) I can only burn Audio CDs (not MP3 "Data" CDs) from WAV or MP3 files? I cannot create an image of an Audio CD and then make a copy using ImgBurn? Correct?

#2) Can I burn gapless? I burn tons of live concert CDs and I need gapless track transitions? Where do I set that?

#3) I can't burn Multi-session? So if I forget to include something when I burn, I can't burn it onto the same CD or DVD?

Thanks!

1. You can burn both.

Proper audio cd's can be made by following the guide in the Guides forum.

mp3 style data cd's are 'Built' using the same methods you'd use for burning any type of (non disc image) files - i.e. in Build mode.

2. Yes but this only applies to proper audio cd's and they're gapless by default. Change the pregap size on the 'Create CD CUE File' window if you want a gap.

It's down to the player / software to play mp3 type data cds without pauses between tracks.

3. You can't use Build mode for anything multisession, no.

You can write multisession images in Write mode though (i.e. CD Extra disc images) - but I'm guessing you won't care about that.

1. You can burn both.

Proper audio cd's can be made by following the guide in the Guides forum.

mp3 style data cd's are 'Built' using the same methods you'd use for burning any type of (non disc image) files - i.e. in Build mode.

If I just wanted a 1:1 copy of an Audio CD, would I just follow the steps in the 'guides' section entitled, "How to copy a disc with ImgBurn"?

Regards,

Robert

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.